Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Picked up my 2 year old up! yesterday! 18 months old and only done 186 miles!!!!

Got Triangle alloys, BMT, Sunroof, Sports pack and heated seats. Just wondered if you guys could help me figure out what a button does. Its located next to the 12V power supply. Now the dealer told me it was to turn off traction control, but the manual implies it's to do with City Brake Assist? Anyone else got this button?

Also it's got hill assist, but I don't really get how to use it. Do I just hold it on the brake, then take my foot off and it will hold it for a few seconds?

Thanks guys :)

T

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hill start assist is just a momentary delay between taking your foot off the brake and the brakes releasing. It should give you time to place your foot on the accelerator before the brakes release.

·
Registered
540 Posts
As above ^ I honestly didn't know the UP had hill start assist until I went to engage reverse where I live (on a slight hill) without fully depressing the gas and the car just stayed there. Quite a neat addition for the budget car.

Welcome to the forum. Good work on getting your UP! Seems like a very good model with very good mileage!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy folks new owner of a rock up loving the beast of bucks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

On my High Up! I specified the City Emergency Braking and I have the same switch. Toggled it on/off just to make sure it lights but thats about it - I would always trust the handbook if it differs from what the dealers says.

I'm on here and found your post because I came across hill assist in action for the first time the other day (I wasnt aware it was fitted).

I was in a car parking bay facing up approx 15% slope and needed to reverse so I took my foot of the brake (engine running of course) and intended to roll back towards the opposing slope up(!) before pulling away. I noticed the car wouldnt roll for perhaps half a second and then felt the brakes release... I was so surprised i drove forward and started again ... not many hills around here but now need to find a quiet one and try hillstart as intending , pulling away forward

1 - 6 of 6 Posts