Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm like a big kid at Christmas time! I've just got an email from my dealer that my baby has left the factory and is on its way to the uk! I think it takes roughly up to 3 weeks! I'm so so excited! Does anyone know how long it takes from when it's in the uk to when you actually can drive it away??

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
How long is a piece of string? Varying reports of how long the car can sit at the dock, anything up to two weeks. Mine took another week before the dealer would let me have it.

Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones and it wont take very long at all

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

It has many factors to consider. Allocations for the transport to Emden, allocations for a ship transport, allocations for road transport to dealers once it's cleared in UK harbor. The road transports from harbor in UK end will not leave until the trucks are fully loaded with cars towards the part where you live so it kinda depends on luck there as well.

One thing Volkswagen did mention (as I was as excited as you) is that once it has landed to UK, it will be at your dealers within 14 days.

Mine took pretty exactly 3 weeks and 1 day from build week to delivery day.

Good luck and when you get the car, you notice how the wait was worth it and you forget about everything else!

Edited by: ZillUp

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah ok, so it totally varies then! I'm just hoping it comes by end of september so I don't have to tax the car I'm part exchanging it for! Fingers and toes are crossed!
Also I know a couple guys who work at the dealers I'm getting it from so I'm hoping mine will be one of the first ready to leave the dealers!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
judging by your timings , I'm sure you will have it/her/him by the end of september...remember your dealer can track much more than the website, he will know when it is on a ship, released to import dock, on a transporter etc by his coding system.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ours was at the Dealer exactly 3 1/2 weeks from the end of the build week

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good, tbh the dealer do far has been really good and kept me updated!
Hoping the next few weeks will go quick!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts