Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of the Up! reviews I've read both in magazines and newspapers have had a rant over the use of the exclamation mark used in the name. Okay, we all know it's grammatically daft, but I kinda like it nonetheless - goes with the car's character. I certainly don't get uptight about it, andf that's after 36 years in journalism, including about 10 as a proof reader!!

What's the daftest car name you've ever come across? Mine has to be the Mazda Bongo Friendee!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A quick Google has brought up even better ones........!

Daihatsu Naked; Honda Life Dunk; Honda That's; Isuzu GIGA 20 Light Dump and Mysterious Utility; Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear and Pistachio; Nissan Fairlady Z and Prairie Joy; Rickman Space Ranger; Rinspeed X-Dream; Suzuki Cappucino; Toyota Deliboy and Toyopet; Volkswagen Thing and Volugrafo Bimbo

Not sure now if I want a Thing or an Up!

http://www.cartype.com/pages/2065/volkswagen_thing__1974

·
Registered
213 Posts
Volkswagon thing ???? I must admit ive never heard of any of these cars let alone seen any ! I love the up! The exclamation mark gives it kudos.
Edited by: Kat2110

·
Registered
144 Posts
lol i own a VW thing and a VW up! the thing is also called trekker or 181 or safariheres a pic of my thing currently undergoing resto!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts