Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why it's £205 for 4 years but goes up to £495 for 5 years? As wear and tear isn't covered why do you think it goes up so much in year 5?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I would imagine that as you get three years free warranty you are paying £205 for one extra year and £290 for the next year. Seems about right to me.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Covering their risk, expecting more to go wrong at five years I guess

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
All this warranty is a load of s**t because no matter what the problem is its always the useres wear and tears fault! I think every car maker should write a full list of all warrenties from body work to the last nut and bolt! Bit sad but I'm fed up of the "oooo well that does happen itll be this much to repair"

·
Registered
430 Posts
Itzben said:
All this warranty is a load of s**t because no matter what the problem is its always the useres wear and tears fault! I think every car maker should write a full list of all warrenties from body work to the last nut and bolt! Bit sad but I'm fed up of the "oooo well that does happen itll be this much to repair"
I agree to an extent, I have an extended warranty with our Golf and basically its open to interpretation except some very clear exclusions which are listed. It states 'most parts' mechanical and electrical are covered from sudden failure. In my case however the warranty has already paid for itself. I have claimed twice for a new air con compressor and a replacement Throttle position sensor which would have had a combined cost of over £1000. For both claims I expected a battle with VW but was surprised that there were no arguments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts