Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wheels have had to be changed back to stock as my new wheels stuck out way to much to be legal although i have stretched tyres on, does anyone know where i can buy some wheel arch trims or extensions?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I doubt anyone had yet made such a thing. Might mean you can find a company that fabricates that kinda thing, and let them use your car as a demo, ideally meaning free body work too!
I'd be interested in seeing some pictures, if you have any?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
They may well work yea, may require some trimming/sanding/filling to get the right fit though.
What wheels are they?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not entirely sure which ones they are, however the front one touches the brake caliper so im going to have to buy some hubcentric spacers for them, i tried some 5mm shims today but the wheel would not sit on the hub properly. Il upload a picture when i find out how too!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Ah right. Sounds a plan :)
If you post the picture to somewhere like photobucket, you can then just the IMG code, copied and pasted to here

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Those universal arches will look horrible on an up!

What are the offsets of your wheels? Sounds like you need to rethink your choices and get wheels more suitable for the car, rather than trying to adapt the car to fit the wheels.

Also, post the tyre stats.

·
Registered
233 Posts
All depend son et of the wheels, you can fit 17x8 without issues.

Roll your arches if you want a slightly wider look, bodyshop will do it properly without cracking the paint.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That is a fair point, you can probably get the arches rolled, it would likely look better too, less faff that trimming, sanding, filling, riveting arches on. All depends on how much poke you need to cover though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can put them back on when i get the tools sorted and upload a picture, but they stick out a good 2 inch

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Like I said, I'd need to see a pic. Somethings not adding up, as I've seen 7" wide wheels on ET35 easily fit an up!, so your should only stick out another 20mm at the front, and 32mm at the back, and with stretched tyres should still fit without much poke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had to use spacers on the front due to rubbing so the front stick out about the same as the back, it might just be my bad judging of mesurment

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would suggest getting your wheels modified, get an engineering company to put them on a lather and modify the offset, or camber teh foooooooook but you'll need new tires every 2 meters, or just get new wheels!

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Lathing wont help, he's already had to add to the offset to clear the brakes, so removing material will take him back to square one.

There's no option for cambering the wheels on the macpherson strut setup on the up!, I'd suggest thinking of different wheels. Edited by: shakotanVIP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts