Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me whether the Up! (in High Up! spec.) includes a
external temperature display and a clock display on the dash, or is this only available
with the Sensor pack, or M&M?

Have just ordered a High Up! with sunroof, DAB radio. Am wondering whether I should
add the sensor pack as I find the trip computer with clock/temperature/elapsed time/etc on
my old Mk4 Golf very useful.

Also ordered in Midnight Blue with white dash/black cloth. This is a bit of a gamble as have
never seen this exact combination in a showroom, but like the white dash in the Up White!.

Strange that you can't order a White High Up! with White dash anymore!

Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Display beneath the speedo can be either clock or external temperature [gives warnings when temp drops below 5 degrees even if you have it on clock]. Other display is either odometer or trip.
Other technical things like mpg can be had on the Maps and More display.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - is that both with and without the Sensor pack?

·
Registered
296 Posts
PS - loving our Up. Have run Ford Fiestas and KAs for years and Citroen AXs and Saxo before that. And long ago MG Midget and Austin 1800S. Also a couple of Citroen 2CVs.
Quality of VW is superb - just attention to detail even though this is the budget model.

·
Registered
851 Posts
ospreywatcher said:
Bog standard High Up without sensor pack.
I have a standard move up but have always wished i had the sensor pack. It's all useful stuff that you get: reversing sensors, cruise control and multi-function computer. I've just placed an order for a high up and the sensor pack was top of the list!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Umm...thanks for your help, but haven't made up my mind yet. I can't really see the need for reversing sensors on such a small car or cruise control (as it will mainly be used in town and on A/B roads) but would like the trip computer. However, £360 seems a lot for a trip computer...

Anyone know how long after placing the order you can add packs on or change spec. My retailer said that you can do this until VW changes
the status from factory order to confirmed build week, but he couldn't give me a good idea of whether this is a week or 6 weeks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you have Maps and More you get a lot of info regarding miles covered long term and short term mpg without the sensor pack.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Alan_M said:
Umm...thanks for your help, but haven't made up my mind yet. I can't really see the need for reversing sensors on such a small car or cruise control (as it will mainly be used in town and on A/B roads) but would like the trip computer. However, £360 seems a lot for a trip computer...

+1 I didn't order the parking sensors either and don't regret it. I use my Up! for whizzing around town only and it's so easy to park that I really don't miss the sensors. I also drive a Transit Custom and that's a whole different story: I specced front and rear sensors and reversing camera on that, because parking is a bugger. Superfluous on an Up!, IMHO.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would have the sensor pack just cruise. It makes motorway trips that little bit more relaxing.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
can be done but complicated, one member has done it, search the forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts