Discussion Starter #1
Check out the pricing guide for the new SL
Download

eg. B&O sound upgrade £5k+ etc etc etc

recession, ,,,what recession??

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just because we are in recession does not mean everyone has no money.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't mean that, its just the Value for money some of the options on the new sl are seem even more whacky than normal merc prices ( I know having had many mercs, ...worst value was a new E class, best was a 1 yr old GL which cost me 48% of the new cost.) like most high end cars, I guess a company will spec it up and it will make a great used bargain for a private individual.

Thankfully the 'recession' doesn't seem to reduce demand for my services..... doh!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whassup...you can easily push a 500 SL over £100K ...ouch!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've just seen this thread - £5k for a stereo? I thought I was being extravagant going for an Up White!

I think if I bought an SL I would ask the dealership to 'throw in' a security guard, for use when I parked it anywhere. I don't think I would enjoy drivingor leaving it anywhere; I would be too worried someone would bashor scratch it.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bonkers, isn't it?.......I'm not denying the SL is gorgeous and I'd have one for the sheer fun of it if my 6 numbers come up but lets remember just how steep the depreciation curve is......no worries if it's a corporate asset but running one privately requires a seriou wedge of dosh!

·
Registered
619 Posts
It would be nice to have a drive in it but the knowledge that it was depreciating, like someone in free fall from ten thousand feet, would seriously take the gloss off private ownership. £80k -> £40k in three years perhaps, oh my!

·
Registered
315 Posts
luckyjimmy.

I'm worried in case someone scratches mine even though it's only an Up! White. My lady friend goes around dusting it every morning. She would be hysterical if she saw a scratch mark on it. I wouldn't be too pleased about it either. We always try to park way out of reach in supermarket car parks etc. But then it annoys me when I come out and find someone else has parked next to me, even though the car park is practically empty.

Does that happen to other people I wonder?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Bingalau: I've seen this often - an empty car park and someone parks right next to you when there are a multitude of other spaces to choose from. It must be some sort of herd instinct or something kicking in.

What really puts the fear of G*! in me, in car parks,are four wheel drive vehicles - large, poor visibility and enough weight and power to cause serious damage at low speeds. Avoid at all costs...

As for damage to my car, my annoyance would be proportional to how new (or expensive) the car was. If it was damaged in the first few months of ownership, it would really rob me of thepleasure that having a new car confers.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Leif said:
luckyjimmy said:
It would be nice to have a drive in it but the knowledge that it was depreciating, like someone in free fall from ten thousand feet, would seriously take the gloss off private ownership. £80k -> £40k in three years perhaps, oh my!
Such cars are for very rich people who have a large amount of money to throw away.

It must be my upbringing but, even if I had the cash, it would reallyweigh heavilyon my conscience to spend that sort of money on a car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts