Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

<DIV align=center>These are Leatherette Custom fitted seat covers from J C Seat Covers

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>Just thought some of you might be interested in Custom Seat covers for your VW up! We are thrilled with ours, they fit like a glove and don't even look like covers! We choose the two grey colours from the Prestige range with double light grey double stitching. Although they supply many colours, we thought the lighter colours would suit Daisy with her cornsilk interior. We decided to buy covers as we have a small dog, which loses lots of fur and it was a pain getting it off the material seats.

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>We can't recommend J C Seat Covers enough for supplying us with the above seat covers, they are a very professional company and supported us from start to finish, we dealt with Lucio who is extremely helpful and polite. These custom seat covers were relatively easy to fit, as they are made to the exact measurements of the VW up!

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>If you are interested in buying Custom seat covers for your VW up! check out there website; http://www.jcseatcovers.co.uk

<DIV align=center>

<DIV align=center>No, we don't have any connections to J C Seatcovers and we're not on commision, we're just thrilled at there service and workmanship! Credit where credits due!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ooh like those, was worried they seemed such a high price but they look like proper leather seats, not just covers

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah, they look excellent, no wonder youre so please, when i saw the first picture i thought you were doing a before and after pictures, but no they actually were the covers! well worth the money by the looks of it!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Bugbabe
They cost £364, the reason why we didn't get the up! With the Leatherette seats was because we ended up changing our mind on the car at the last moment and our dealer offered us the move up! Blue Motion which we bought with cornsilk interior, drivers assistant pack, winter pack! Maps and more and alloys at a very good price
The up! leatherette seats are gorgeous but for us they weren't an option
We needed leatherette seat (covers) as we have a dog

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ahh I see. That's reasonable considering the work that has clearly gone into them. I can't remember how much the leatherette option was by comparison. The only figure I can remember was the big one at the end

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well! as you know the front seat covers just slid on no problem, and the rear back seat back and headrests were also easy to fit, but in the instructions it said to take out the rear bench seat, which was what my husband was worried about! But it was a case of easy when you know how! The back rear bench pulled forward by just lifting it up from the back of the seat, it then had 2 clips at the front of the seat, which my husband left in and managed to put the cover on without moving the clips, so turned out not to be a problem, if you do buy these covers and are worried about anything please send us a message, we would love to help

·
Registered
423 Posts
They're certainly not cheap to buy but they look absolutely fantastic. If I was keeping mine longer than the usual 2 to 3 years I'd certainly be tempted. Certainly a tad better than the saggy shaggy fake tiger print ones you used to see

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They were much quicker and easier to fit than we thought they would be, in the instructions it said all you need is patience and common sense
but I would say the most important thing you need is strength, I couldn't have fitted them as I don't have the physical strength
But my husband fitted them, no problem
First he fitted the front two seats and the rear backrest and headrests, which took him around an hour and a quarter, we were told in the instructions to remove the rear bench seat, so worried about how to do this we left that for the following day

On the next day my husband found that he could easily lift up the rear bench seat from the back of the seat and fit the cover on, in around half an hour, we did purchase some heavy duty Velcro to attach 2 small strips to underneath the front part
Then it was finished and looking good
So all in all around 2 1/2 hours and I have to say that Lucio from JC Seat Covers couldn't have been more helpful, most companies aren't interested once they've got your money, but he couldn't have been more helpful and such a nice guy

1 - 20 of 47 Posts