Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the fastest anyone has driven the up!? Out and out fastest plus cruising speed? All responses will be assumed to have taken place on a private airfield

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
AlanG said:
All responses will be assumed to have taken place on a private airfield
LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
About 12 weeks. Ha ha ha!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, I've been informed you can get 101mph out of it!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FreyaMx said:
Well, I've been informed you can get 101mph out of it!
You must have found a very large airfield to crank it up to that? Do the dealers recommend any form of running in before high speed driving?

·
Registered
727 Posts
AlanG said:
All responses will be assumed to have taken place on a private airfield

An airfield wouldn't be long enough for an up! to hit top speed..!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
AlanG said:
What's the fastest anyone has driven the up!? Out and out fastest plus cruising speed? All responses will be assumed to have taken place on a private airfield
I've taken mine up to 100mph on the clock, which means more like 90 to 95 mph in reality. I felt it could easily do more, but I did not feel. safe. After all, that 'private airfield' only had a short track.

To state the obvious, be careful of unmarked police cars, there are plenty about, even on 'private airfields', and this sort of speed is only safe when there is no other traffic about.

I once had my old style Ford Ka up to 110mph on the clock, quite stable too. I think manufacturers are often conservative when it comes to top mph, and 0-60 times.

Does anyone know the true 0-60mph time of the Up? Mine has to be noticeably better than the stated figure.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i went upto 95mph on M6 at night time by mistake.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
lilsumo said:
i went upto 95mph on M6 at night time by mistake.
Easy mistake to make

·
Registered
21 Posts
i went 174 km/h on the German autobahn, on a trip to berlin. It still had a little room to climb in speed. Must have been tail wind i guess. I went with 140 km/h on the cruise control, and had to speed up to overtake.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It is an easy mistake, to be honest it's quite difficult keeping the speedo under 70 when trying to improve fuel economy. The little up! just wants to fly baby

·
Registered
523 Posts
As long as my up! Will keep up with the motorway that will do me. Last year I drove through Germany managed to get the mini to 125 in derestricted autobhan,but to be honest bmws and mercs were passing me as if I was standing. And at that speed I didn't feel at all comfortable at staying at that pace.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts