Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dealer sticker off rear window, number plate dealer "strips" underneath plate stuck on off, and i guess i wont want these on too! better. next- complete audio swap out. head unit three pre outs bt dab,sub, four ch amp , front door speakers ,& 6x9s .might take a bit longer

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
audio mod

front speaker wiring done, rca's in, power cables in, still to do rear speakers, earth cables, sub, amp,and head unit.also switched live from
fuse box , not sure which one to use, also need to find which pin in the radio plug is live. quite a bit to do don't know what the labour would cost to have done,

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Can you not keep it all in one thread?

·
Super Moderator
1,477 Posts
I've merged all the posts regarding this into one thread.

Please post any further updates in this thread. New threads about the same project will be deleted and not merged.

·
Super Moderator
1,477 Posts
wondering where to place the amplifier, any ideas?
Are you fitting a sub box? Traditionally amps are usually mounted on the side of the sub box, or on the rear of one of the seat backs.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Are you fitting a sub box? Traditionally amps are usually mounted on the side of the sub box, or on the rear of one of the seat backs.
That's what i did in one of my cars, was fixed to the rear of the seat. Keeps cabling to a minimum then as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wondering where to place the amplifier, any ideas?
If you get an active sub the amp is internal so very neat. I have used them in the past as can be easily removed by fitting a small socket (Mower lead type of thing) in the power & earth line and bullet connector on the remote wire. It makes it much easier when you need that extra space!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
iam fitting a 4ch amp and 12 sub with built in amp
not sure what colour wire on a radio power block is the live or switched live? and is it the switched live from fuse box or permanent live ? not sure (for new head unit)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
audio upgrade

used the original fascia from the 'poor' rcd 215 . and removed the cd mechanism form this head unit, now its moving parts free! and quite a bit lighter. all done, 4 channel amp in 12 sub in 6.5s in 6x9s in much better now!:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts