Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my VW Move UP! since November 2013 and bought it brand new from main dealer. I have had no problems with the car until the last 2-3 months and this was feeling a slight vibration through the steering wheel and drivers seat when breaking. I have only covered 6500 miles and never brake hard. My radio has always been an issue with the reception dipping out virtually all the time. So I took the car back today to the main dealer and was told that the brake discs and brakes had a breaking in-balance? and was told that it would not be covered in the warranty? I told them that there was no way I would be paying for any work and they eventually agreed to repair it as a good will gesture. They also told me that the Ariel base needed replacing which is covered by the warranty. I also find an irritating notch on depressing the clutch but was told that this is normal by the garage. Has anyone else experienced the same problems?

·
Registered
309 Posts
do a search, loads of threads on this

·
Registered
430 Posts
loads of threads:

Warped discs,rattle in neutral, problem gearboxes, radio reception and clutch pedal issues, all common complaints. I think most have experienced at least one of these. I have the clutch 'click' and the 'rattle in neutral' but I live with them and am generally happy with the car for the price I paid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my Up in the garage yesterday and today to fix a click when you press the brake pedal. Tech thought maybe loose pads, turned out to be a faulty calliper and it was leaking brake fluid as well. Fixed under warranty with no issues. When I thought about it a little more, I had to brake fairly hard the other day and I was convinced with myself that the car pulled slightly to one side for a slit second, but I was sure if an issue or the camber of the road. If you have a brake imbalance, keep an eye on it. See if you have a leaking calliper or something. Just thought it was worth a mention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts