Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.

I am from Greece and I have a move up! 60PS since 12/4, after one week of waiting. So far so good. I ve done 250km and I was excited of my up about everything, especially m&m.

My story getting wrong when at Friday 20/4 a supervisor of the importer of vw in Greece called me and informed that my car doesn't have ESP as it was supposed. The fault as he said is because they wrong code from the factory or sth like that. Anyway he suggested me to pay back 410‚¬ because it can't be put on the car. Only in factory could put them, so now its late.

I didn't accept that offer because I think that is safety issue even if I know that I can drive a car without ESP. But imagine that someone was telling you that your car has a fault since its built.

He didn't deny to change my car with a new one with ESP but I have to wai for an official answer and I don't want to drive my car because of the fear of sth happening (not involves esp) and then they don't accept the car. My dealer told not to worry but I think you can understand me.

What do you think about the story?? Do you think that I should ask for sth extra??

Pffffff I am confused about what happened.. A friend of mine who is a laywer told me that I can make a lot of "noise" about that but I am not a that kind of man. I just want a new car and maybe sth extra to "refund" me about all the story..

·
Registered
144 Posts
if it supppose to come with it and they made a mistake u should be entitled for a new car hence if anything does go wrong with ur car, vw will be at fault
if you accept the payment, then VW will not be blamed if anytin ever went wrong with the car
i recommend returning the vehicle and ask for another Edited by: lilsumo

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes, id wait to get a new car, id also ask for something extra as you are too scared to drive the current car in case something bad happens. or maybe your dealer could give you something to drive in the mean time while you wait for your new car?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ve already asked for a new one but they didn't answer officiallyyet, I will insist on that.

Let me ask you sth else if you notice that to your vehicles. Every second time I was driving on a road hole (and believe me there are many) I could hear a noise which was like "grrrr", less than a second. This noise was from the first day and when I asked my dealer he told me that was the esp noise and I could hear it beacause the wheel is really close to the driver, also he admitted that they could hear that noise at the test drive car. If this is not ironically what is that??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am angry, frustrated dissapointed and whatever you can imagine. They seem to be mafia not a serious importer of VW. They asked me to sign some papers in order to proceed on replacemet with exactly the same car. The issue is that half of the papers are seem to be legally. The extra paper is new for me and they want me to put my signature and my personal data and leave the blank in order to be filled from them. So what it says: That Î authorize them to clear the new car from customs office without paying any tax because I withdraw an old car (which data they will fill). Our law allows that prosedure only when you really have an old car to withdraw it, which doesnt exist in my case, I've never had one.

So the conclusion is that they made the mistake and they want to benefit from what happened, neuther asking me an apology nor benefit me for all the suffer. Because as I told you I dont move the car. Moreover they dont want to accept in a paper that although this part missing from the factory, I can drive with no danger the car.

I am in very very bad mood and I think I have to try sending all this happened to me to VW Germany.

What do you think, which is your advise.

PS: I have already spoke with a laywer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes take it to the headquarters, they made a huge mistake and they are trying to hide it. i knew someone with a bmw who had problems with its engine and the dealer gave him a bill of a new engine. he complained to HQ that warranty should cover it and HQ realised there was some part missing in the enginewhichthe dealer had known through 1st inspection but carried on with the sale of the vehicle. he was later given an apology letter and the dealer was forced to give him a new car
Lawyer up! you have a good case

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone knows an e-mail where the HQ receive such complaints? I send a message asking for a communication channel, through a form they have in the official site but I think I have to wait.

If anyone knows...

Thank you for the support.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am still driving the polo 1.2 tdi and waiting my up! They said the week is coming the delivery will take place. In the mean time I sent an email to vw HQ to express my disappointment but also still waiting for an answer.

I am so sure that they will ignore and that's making more frustrated..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It will of course depend on Greek law, which is not the same as ours, and what you want. I think that in UK law you are entitled to the car that you ordered. The fact that you did not reject it straight away is probably okay as you were not able to know it did not have ESP. Be polite but firm, and good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts