Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the side indicators on their UP!'s I've had mine about 13 months since new and I notice my passenger side indicator (the one that's just in front of the door) had stopped working... Turns out the bulb is fine with faulty wiring but Volkswagen seem extremely reluctant to fix the issue under warranty.... Any suggestions on how to fix this without paying through the roof at the dealership...?
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't really understand why a dealership would NOT fix faulty wiring, unless of course they think someone has inadvertently damaged the wires while changing a bulb perhaps.

Bulbs will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty but wiring will be. Also, wiring in car has to be manufactured to a high standard due to the extremes of temperature, vibration, dirt, oil etc. Faulty wiring in a thirteen month old car is surely a manufacturing defect.

If your current dealer will not help, try another one for a second opinion. I presume your dealership has stated exactly why rectifying the fault is not covered?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts