Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good feeling today! Floating on air and the sun is shining (well...not really but it could be!). Dealer rang today to ask when I would like to pick up my new Up! At last! Sothinkof me about 3.30pm on Thursday, driving my new baby out of the showroom. 75 years old...going on 21 and a very happy bunny!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice, I am extremely jealous :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The wait is all part of the experiance! It makes you go crazy on some days!! I felt like ARGHHHHHHH I just want my up! Then the day came and it was just magical and I love it! My up! Is amazing!!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Itzben said:
The wait is all part of the experiance! It makes you go crazy on some days!! I felt like ARGHHHHHHH I just want my up! Then the day came and it was just magical and I love it! My up! Is amazing!!!!!

There you go. Strange, isn't it? Like someone else on this forum, I've had so many motors...Austin 7, BSA Scout, MG TB, Ford Popular, Cortina, Saab EMS, Renault 10, 12, 18, Capri 3.0S, XR3i, Primera, Mondeo, Fiesta, Nissan X-Trail, Micra, Qashqi, Juke, Suzuki Swift,......and yet I'm more excited about the Up than most of those!

·
Registered
811 Posts
You don't see many BSA Scouts around. Were they the 3 wheeler, a bit like a Morgan?

You'll love the Up, I'm a comparative baby of 47 and I know what you mean, it makes you feel 18 again (car wise only unfortunately).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Allybasher said:
You don't see many BSA Scouts around. Were they the 3 wheeler, a bit like a Morgan?

You'll love the Up, I'm a comparative baby of 47 and I know what you mean, it makes you feel 18 again (car wise only unfortunately).

They were three wheelers originally but this was a four wheeler, front wheel drive with a Meadows side valve engine (forget the actual capacity). She had a front transmission brake which didn't work that well. I had a lot of trouble with the main bearings. Crankshaft needed regrinding but I couldn't afford it so got the con rods re-metalled but they didn't last too long. Lovely to drive, with true FWD characteristics that could do amazing things in corners once you mastered it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts