Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As some of you know, i'm a newbie! and have ready nearly every post! but just want to confirm a few things before i get my basic up in Jan!

Dash - (seen someone do this) - how easy to remove? as i want to respray

Coil overs - Rough time gauge of doing it? will be DIY job.

List of all the bulbs would be awesome - as i plan to change them all to white / led

number plates - stuck or screwed on?

Think thats it for now! Cant wait to crack on!

Cheers

Puresleek

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate! thats great! Yeh must of missed that one!

**** was really hoping the front plate wasn't screwed on!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Can you not request your dealer not to screw it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will ask yes! Seems stupid to screw it on and put holes in the bumper.

But that's just me wanting it flush for show season lol

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
How will u fix your reg on? Double sided tape? Or is it legal to just put the letters and number stuck straight on to your bumper?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just have it stuck on, Most of my plates were like that, specially owning older cars.

Makes it easier to take off and clean up for shows!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah! ok dave i will check later on my mothers model. Sure ive seen a pic on here one without the plate ...

anyone any joy on dash removal? - Just the center plastic strip that is.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Number Plates - there are no pre-drilled mounting holes for plates. When I discussed with my dealer I was given the option to have them drilled on or stuck on. I ended up getting the dealer to attach number surrounds.

Dash - I tried at length to get a definitive answer about the dash. In theory it is removable but my dealer wasn't keen, I think there was concern about damage (it would have been the first time they tried it). I think it is possible, but I've pretty much decided its far too much hassle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Bazves thats great, i will make sure they dont screw it on!!

I will have to hunt though and see if i can find the image on the dash removal! Thanks again

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Can you not wrap the dash in situ? (I don't know if you was going to wrap or paint) but everytime I look at wrapping things on google peopel have done dash boards or parts of dash boards in place

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah! my best mate can wrap it, but still its a 1000x easier to wrap off the car. so still need to remove dash. either way it will be a pain im sure. Specially as i don't want to break it! but being as the outside is all white, i wanted to bring the white across the dash, (without buying the higher model) because im slack lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts