Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally collected my Silver High up! this morning
! Absolutely brilliant, super thrilled with it. Didn't once struggle and I took it to work on the motorway and through country roads and round roundabouts and everything - engine is super quiet!

On a geekier note, it's set up now to automagically play songs from my Spotify account on my iPhone through the speakers wirelessly with the phone still in my pocket, as soon as I start the ignition... pretty swish!

Looking forward to driving home from work now
! Brilliant upgrade from my 10-year-old Smart car!

Will post pics later if it's not raining again!

Edited by: Javawag

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
glad your enjoying it, will look forward to the piccies....

·
Registered
956 Posts
Congrats and really glad you love it so much.

And very clever with the music stuff too, was the "automagically" spelling mistake deliberate? If not, I think it describes what you did very well and is now my new favourite word

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Looking forward to the pics....congrats on your new arrival

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
all very exciting!

explain more how youve set up spotify to play automatically....

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I had an EOS before, but before that I also had a Smart!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ours was collected on Monday, so I know how you feel to get it! It's a great little car, over the moon with it. It sounds like you are too...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Rednaxela, @spud, @ZumbaQueen, @Privatedoc, @Mark D - Thanks
! Unfortunately rain meant no piccies but hopefully I can get some later today or at the weekend! You guys will be the first to know

@Clowesa - thanks! it is really awesome! haha nah, the automagically was on purpose, it's one of my favourite words too
!

@Craig200588 - thanks! yeah, I did like my Smart car but it was sort of dying... 10 years old and doing 60 miles a day on the motorway wasn't doing it much good!

@Dan, @Willowaz - Yup, I've paid for Spotify premium (it's £5/month if you're a student like me!). It can play over 3G but I sync my playlists for offline so it doesn't use all my bandwidth. Setting it up with the maps & more is dead easy - you just pair the iPhone/iPad over bluetooth with the M&M system, and then open spotify and hit play! It remembers to play from Spotify every time after that unless you manually open iPod or another music app and press play... pretty cool! It even still shows the current track and artist info too!

@SiJ2000 - that must have been some jump from a Smart to an Eos!! But I bet you're enjoying the fuel economy of the up! now
!

@Ozmosis - Definitely, it's an amazing step up! (sorry, couldn't resist!) from my old Smart car too
!

Never replied to so many people before haha! Nice to feel so welcome
! Shame I didn't get a forum sticker for my up! though
!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
me too but only a couple of for fours and , my lovely wee roadster....I really miss her!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@move up! it is! it took me such a long time to write down all the names and remember who said what haha! I'd agree with that - fun but flawed! Especially when you're on a roundabout and it decides to change gear leaving you with no power
!

@Privatedoc lucky! i've only ever driven a fortwo (well, a city coupe as it was a 2002 model) but the forfour looks lovely, and i'd love to test drive the roadster! i drive past one on the way home from work every day and just stare at it...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I haven't got the Up yet, but you are right... 0-60 in about 7 seconds in the EOS... Up won't be quite like that! :)

I was trying to remember the MPG I got from the Smart... Can't remember!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts