Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 weeks of ownership has now passed and it's been raining a lot up here but it finally stopped today and I gave Fillup and well deserved clean. I've now covered about 1500 miles as I have been travelling about with work these past weeks. Once I got past 800-900 miles, I noticed a big difference in performance. The car seems quieter and more responsive - definitely not slow. I'm averaging just over 400 miles to a tank and hope that this will improve. Until recently, I was driving like Miss Daisy. One thing I have noticed is that cruising above 60mph really does have a significant impact on fuel consumption. I know this could be said about all cars in general but I suppose a 3 cylinder 1 litre engine is not really designed to spend all its time cruising the motorways and that's what I have been doing these past weeks. Good for getting him run in though! Unfortunately, he now has his first battle scar - a stone chip on the bonnet

I'm not going to post a big review as a few others have already covered that ground very well. I LOVE this car so much and it does everything that I need from a car at the moment. My only small regret is not ordering the sunroof but I felt that I had spent enough money adding other extras. Next time round...

Enjoy the pics - I'm no maestro with a camera and these were just taken with my iPhone...

See if you can spot my minor mods so far!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
What a lovely pair, shame ours are not the same colour too!

I noticed a non-slip bit on your little shelf and your lovely door sills. Oh, and the bulbs?

Looking very clean and sparkly, especially those lovely wheels
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
VW badge on 12 v socket, stubby antenna and of course club sticker

nice car, looks well smart to use the vernacular

(reflections of your pyjamas , grey by the looks of them!
)

Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Privatedoc said:
VW badge on 12 v socket, stubby antenna and of course club sticker

nice car, looks well smart to use the vernacular

(reflections of your pyjamas , grey by the looks of them!
)

Haha! I just noticed that - bad bad pic of me! And to think I had just got home from a personal training session at the gym. It was just my old sweat shorts I was wearing - I don't wear pyjamas

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
hot looking up there! i spotted all the formentioned little mods, all subtle but good!

its hard not to get yourself in the picture when youve just washed and made your up all shiny!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great looking car!

I noticed the little bit of non-slip mat (I must put some in mine so my iPhone doesn't rattle!) but missed the VW sticker on the 12v cover. Where d'you get those?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Car is looking sweet :), but to me you have put the forum sticker on the wrong side of the car. Id have put it on the other side window driving down the 45degree part of the rear window. Once the bloke doing the stickers starts getting both ways of stickers that what i plan on doing when mine gets delivered :).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Plus, Radio 2....... Pfft. Its all about 990AM Magic for me :p

Also noticed your de-tangoed headlights, one of the things i told our lass was getting done upon buying the car.
Edited by: Wrighty

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wrighty said:
Car is looking sweet :), but to me you have put the forum sticker on the wrong side of the car. Id have put it on the other side window driving down the 45degree part of the rear window. Once the bloke doing the stickers starts getting both ways of stickers that what i plan on doing when mine gets delivered :).

Thanks.... I tried the sticker as you suggested but I didn't take to the jaunty angle

Also, my preference was not to have it on the driver side of the car but it's interesting to see all the different places that people have put them

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Elb said:
Great looking car!

I noticed the little bit of non-slip mat (I must put some in mine so my iPhone doesn't rattle!) but missed the VW sticker on the 12v cover. Where d'you get those?

I got the wee sticker on ebay. Stumbled across it when I was looking for a replacement metal/enamel sticker to go on the Lupo key as I'd lost one

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments but don't be dissing Radio 2

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
956 Posts
veedub-ally said:
Thanks for the comments but don't be dissing Radio 2

Hear hear!! Absolutely nothing wrong with Radio 2. I'd be lost without Chris Evans on the way to work and Simon Mayo on the way home every day.

Oh, and sorry to be really girly but I absolutely love the stubby aerial, makes the car look like a totally cute puppy with a waggy little tail

Car looks fantastic, I do love those wheels
. I wish my parallel parking abilities were better so I could get some alloys without worrying about dragging them along the kerb every time I park outside the house

1 - 15 of 15 Posts