Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo finally got a Build week from the dealer..........................week 22!

Its been a long wait to even get this build date however I am pretty happy it wasnt a week earlier as reading from the posts on the forum that Hill Hold Control will be standard from cars built from week 22 onwards

Now just have a few more weeks wait for my Move Up

Happy Days

·
Registered
956 Posts
Great news for you. Week 22's next week so you could be looking at mid-late June delivery if you're lucky

·
Registered
142 Posts
Abs said:
Woohoo finally got a Build week from the dealer..........................week 22!

Its been a long wait to even get this build date however I am pretty happy it wasnt a week earlier as reading from the posts on the forum that Hill Hold Control will be standard from cars built from week 22 onwards

Now just have a few more weeks wait for my Move Up

Happy Days
Just out of interest, when did you place your order?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Idletony

I placed the order on the 30th March.......

Have you got a similar build date?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Abs
I placed my order 23rd April so about 3 weeks after you.

This should mean I will definitely get the HHC, but I have yet to get a build date (will have to ring tomorrow).

The dealer is a bit slack with updates and you always have to chase them (same dealer as clowesawho confirms their lack of communication)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issue with my dealer,had to constantly ring for updates and finally spoke to the manager today and got the build date.
Hopefully you get your build date soon

I managed to get hold of the status codes from another forum and along with info found here so hopeully the below helps with your converstaion with your dealer:

Status P ""“ awaiting allocation
Status V ""“ allocation assigned
Status 00 ""“ Assigned to factory no production week scheduled
Status 10 ""“ Factory ordered with production week
Status 20 ""“ factory ordered with confirmed build week

Normally build takes a few days. Then your car will go to Status 30 which is in transit from factory. Status 38 means it's on a boat then 40 is at UK port. If you ask your dealer to check the status on SLI he should be impressed! The important one is status 70 which means it's at the dealership! It normally takes about 2-3 weeks tops

·
Registered
142 Posts
Interesting
information, thanks for posting, at least now I can ask them for the ""status""�
and see what they come back with. I would have thought after a month they
should have a build week?

·
Registered
956 Posts
idletony said:
Interesting
information, thanks for posting, at least now I can ask them for the ""status""�
and see what they come back with. I would have thought after a month they
should have a build week?

Hi Tony,

I got a build week from VW Leeds two weeks after ordering on 23 March so they should know yours by now.

Spoke to John yesterday as mine was built last week and a couple of other week 20ers have had confirmation that their car is either at Emden (whassup) or in transit to Emden (wilowaz). Unfortunately John had no status update for me but promised to call me as soon as the system had been updated. Can't understand how some can have updates and others no idea, seems a bit odd to me

·
Registered
142 Posts
Will give them a ring tomorrow as it will be exactly a month
since I ordered it (just to jog their memory)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I am currently dealing
with Bianca who did email me 2 weeks ago to say there was no change of status.

One thing this forum does show is the variations in VW
dealers throughout the UK. It would appear some give excellent service with good
handovers when collecting your new up! (free goodies ect) whilst others are
pretty poor.

I would be interested to see how your handover goes, I am
sure you will let us know?

In theory we can email the main man at Sytner VW if we are
not happy (lets hope we don't need to)

http://www.sytner.co.uk/volkswagen/home.aspx

·
Registered
421 Posts
We're build buddies!! Along with Variable as well - some happy faces due mid June on here!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like there are quite a few week 22 build buddies!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts