Up Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skoda do an under-seat tray for the Rapid that'll also fit Citigos et al.

It's advertised as for their 29cm umbrella to give you an idea of capacity.

Metal brackets slide in under the runners at both sides after removing the 2 x M10 XZN bolts, as simple as that.

Less than £15 each from a dealer and a good quality thing so put one under the drivers side also, though have seen them on eBay etc. for idiotic money.

Stays static as the seat moves back / forth and reminded me of the extinguisher holder for MK2 Golfs.

Standard issue 600g fire extinguisher with bracket fits a treat, plus you get to keep the original storage area.

This particular extinguishers bracket holes are in a shallow recess, I'd some plastic number plate screws / nuts that fitted in flush though I'd imagine if you used something else that sat proud you'd probably end up damaging the extinguishers finish, even if it still fitted at all.

Wood Auto part Gas Rectangle Electric blue

Wood Hardwood Rectangle Outdoor bench Bottle

Hood Automotive design Wood Bumper Automotive exterior

Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Gas Gadget

Automotive lighting Textile Grey Audio equipment Bag

Luggage and bags Product Musical instrument accessory Automotive lighting Hood

Product Wood Wood stain Hardwood Audio equipment

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Light

Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Vehicle door

Tints and shades Font Automotive lighting Gas Flooring

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
My Citigo has the umbrella and holder on the passenger side as standard.
It does not however, include the clip brackets for a fire extinguisher!
For short people, it's annoying to have to move the seat back to reach the umbrella, but my wife is 5'10" and she uses it frequently. I'm just waterproof and hard; often seen around Cornwall in the depths of winter in just a T-Shirt and shorts....

For tall passengers with the seat right back, the extinguisher can get in the way if you pull your legs in, or even for just getting in and out; it may also ladder Test-Driver's smart, heated summer leggins. :(

Reactions: Angelo 77

·
Registered
716 Posts
That storage box would be good for me to keep my sandwiches in, but with the seat all the way back as i have it, i would not want to get my long johns or disco leggings snagged on it.

I have seen Steve walking round in his T Shirt and Shorts in the winter in St Annes on a day trip. He said he prefers the winter at the seaside as it costs less and there is a better class of scruff on the buses.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Never been to St Annes, bar doing a tech job once at the Premium bond centre, but I'm sure there's a photo going round, of you in Newcastle, on Burn's night, in a string vest and Speedo's carrying a vintage Party 7 can you'd been saving for a special occasion.... :)

Reactions: TEST DRIVER

·
Registered
716 Posts
Never been to St Annes, bar doing a tech job once at the Premium bond centre, but I'm sure there's a photo going round, of you in Newcastle, on Burn's night, in a string vest and Speedo's carrying a vintage Party 7 can you'd been saving for a special occasion.... :)

No i have never been to Newcastle as i did not have my Passport at the time. It must have been a fake photo.

I prefer sitting on the Prom in St Annes eating Fish and Chips washed down with a glass of Dandelion and Burdock or if i am feeling really reckless a nice glass of up market Rola Cola. Its on special offer at Aldidle only 10 pence for a 2 ltr bottle as long as you buy 100 bottles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts