Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I'm a new driver, so decided to buy a car and the Up! caught my eye.I've had my new Up! for over a week now.It may be the most basic of them all, but it's a cracker! Absolutely love it.

Driving around town is fun. Clocked a few hundred miles on the motorway, and it takes a while to get up to speed and struggles on the hills, but it's improving with use.

If I had a bit more money, I would of got the extras (Maps & More, alloys etc).

I don't miss the central locking or electric windows, as there's only 2 windows!

Dave

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome!
I'm glad you love the car and it's interesting seeing new driver's views of the up as I'm considering getting one as my first car.

·
Registered
202 Posts
nice choice ;) red would've been better :p (that's what I've ordered)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'd definitely recommend it for a new driver!

I guess what made me go for the Up over a better spec used car, was the fact that it is new and all mine. And in my opinion, similar models from rivals just don't look as nice (The up has a better body than the citigo and mii).

Other than that, when I put my insurance through, it was cheaper than I expected. (£550, compared to recent quote at £1000+ on an old 1L car).
Can't argue with £20 road tax.

·
Registered
97 Posts
DLEITCH said:
..... in my opinion, similar models from rivals just don't look as nice (The up has a better body than the citigo and mii)
Oh no it doesn't, because I chose my Citigo because it has a better body than the VW up! and definitely streets ahead of the Seat Mii!
I have to admit that the VW is a better badge to have though.

Edited by: Robbyrook

·
Registered
587 Posts
You don't see many Black Take Up's, but theblackwill blend well with the black plastic door handles and mirrors. Engine does improve past 1000 miles and you do need to use the gearbox and revs to pick up speed better. Economy is the best bit at around 60 mpg with this better weather.

We need some pics!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Robbyrook said:
DLEITCH said:
..... in my opinion, similar models from rivals just don't look as nice (The up has a better body than the citigo and mii)
Oh no it doesn't, because I chose my Citigo because it has a better body than the VW up! and definitely streets ahead of the Seat Mii!
I have to admit that the VW is a better badge to have though.

I beg to differ there. I much prefer the Up. It is all down to taste though.

I have never seen a black Up before and didn't know it was available. It is a good point about blending with the Take Up's black bits.

·
Registered
811 Posts
jezyg said:
You don't see many Black Take Up's, but theblackwill blend well with the black plastic door handles and mirrors. Engine does improve past 1000 miles and you do need to use the gearbox and revs to pick up speed better. Economy is the best bit at around 60 mpg with this better weather.

We need some pics!!

My Take Up has done 9000 miles and feels like it has another 20bhp over new. They really do loosen up well.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi DLEITCH. Welcome. It would be nice to see some photo's of your car. Also I think it is a matter of taste which make you prefer. I personally prefer and chose the Up!, but I do like the Citigo.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have to agree. For me, the Up! really stands out. I love every angle of my car. That's why I went for the Up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts