Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am turning 17 next friday, and have already ordered my up! via a leasing company, through my sisters work. It worked out A LOT cheaper to buy a lease than buying a car, and getting insured. This lease scheme allows me to pay a monthly fee of around £208, for which i have ordered the High up! with the sound pack, and insurance is included at that price. That works out to be around £2500 a year, for a 2 year lease, so around £5000 for the two years. This may seem like a lot, as i cannot keep the car after two years, but it is incredibly cheap! my insurance price for a similar engined car, with a LOT less inside, and probably a couple years old would have been around £2500 a year, NOT including the actual cost of the car. So i think i have picked up a bargain! i will be driving my brand new up! , while my friends will be driving their 4 year old toyota aygo's with the most basic interior! AND i will be paying less than them!Downside of this, is that i cannot mess around with the car, like changing anything about it. in a way, thats good, as i wouldn't want to mess it up by trying to make it look better.

Although i can't wait for it to come, i cannot drive it until i have passed my driving test! i have some important AS level exams coming up, which end at the end of may, after which i will crack on with the driving lessons and hope to pass ASAP! hopefully, this will be around the time of my car arriving!

Have any of you got any tips for passing my driving test quickly? i am looking into doing a crash course the week after my exams finish, which is my half term, so i could fit in a whole weeks worth of driving lessons.. what other good options are there? because i just want to pass ASAP and get into my new up!

This website is the only thing that is keeping me sane! i wake up every morning and check, to see whats going on in the up! world !

The main thing that im worried and excited about is the sound pack! as its a lease car, i dont think i will be able to tweak the speakers, unless its easy to dismantle the panels and put them back together. could someone who has the sound pack PLEASE put up a DETAILED review of the speakers and sound, and be quite critical so i know how good they are.

Thanks guys!

Edited by: First Car up!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Considering I am paying about £155 for a High up! with sound pack and spare wheel without insurance, that seems like a good deal for someone of your age and who needs to build NCD.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
one of the guys who have got their car recently say the sound pack is excellent, definatly worth it! so i dont think youll be disappointed!

as far as your deal, sounds ace for someone your age! brilliant stuff! im gonna be paying £160ish a month for just the car, so an extra £50 for your insurance is amazing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts