Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing Volkswizard's video about the bad bits on a GTI I was curious for myself. Having owned the car now for 1 week and did my first decent journey yesterday, making a 120 mile round trip Andrew was so right with my right elbow aching.

Having a RSI Gel mat at my work desk I had to purchase one even matching the Red in the car lol
IMG_20200529_132438.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
lol okay this is actually quite funny. now you need to figure out a way of fitting a foot rest.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't even realise it didn't have the foot rest pedal until I turned the cruise on after 40 miles. Perhaps having too much fun lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds good. Mine is a 5 door and the arm rest is half the size of yours and finishes some 3'' after the grab handle
So I'm looking for a VERY SMALL rest !!! :ROFLMAO:
Perfect you could just buy the 1 and cut it in half for both sides lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
So on a RHD UK model - is there anywhere to move your left foot to or do you need to leave it resting on the clutch pedal?
There’s no rest but you don’t have to rest on the clutch. There’s enough space next to the pedal to just keep your foot on the floor next to it. As long as you don’t have super wide feet or wear goth boots it’s alright.

·
Registered
25 Posts
. Yeah it's a pain with a Right hooker. You need a Left hooker to get one. Attached is mine. You also get an "Up" badge to go with Gti on a LHD car.
Not sure I’m keen on the Up badge above the GTI. I think it looks too squished together. The tooth floss would be out and that would be straight off lol 😬

·
Registered
3 Posts
There’s no rest but you don’t have to rest on the clutch. There’s enough space next to the pedal to just keep your foot on the floor next to it. As long as you don’t have super wide feet or wear goth boots it’s alright.
Thanks a lot pwolski, I am about to buy a black 5dr and didn't notice this on my short B-road test drive!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks a lot pwolski, I am about to buy a black 5dr and didn't notice this on my short B-road test drive!
I thought it would be a problem at first but honestly it hasn’t been. Maybe on super long cruises it might tire the ankle but in usual driving, blasting around country roads, your left foot is active enough not to notice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We are both quite tall and one of the features we like about our RHD ups is the lack of a foot rest, which gives us a little more leg room compared to some other smallish cars. You can't please everyone...!

Kind regards, Tracendaz.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts