Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - Collected my Take up! yesterday, and it looks fantastic.
Bath VW (Mon Motors) were very efficient, all the extras were on the car mats, spare wheel, comfort pack, touchup paint stick, cherished number plate and they presented me with a bottle of bubbly

The drive home was uneventful, the thrum of the three cylinders which we had with the C1 is not as noticeable in the up!
The ride was smooth, pot holes were soaked up really well.
The gear change indicator is great.
The engine picked up speed much better than my last car the C1 ever did, and that had 9 bhp more!
The dash dials are the new 2013 design, the speedo, rev counter and fuel guage are all easy to read.
Yes more mis information in the brochure the Take up does have a rev counter

The comfort pack is really great and all works well.
I will post another up-date when I have covered a few more miles.
From a very happy owner

·
Registered
604 Posts
glad your happy with your new car, it brings back memories of when I got mine, happy days ( not that I'm not happy now cos I am)

·
Registered
587 Posts
We need lots and lots of pictures. I looked at a C1 VTR+ but the interior was not as good as the Up and just seemed to look and feel cheaper even though it was more expensive before a huge discount.

I have a Take Up on order with the comfort pack and M&M in Candy white. Should get mine mid October as goes to build next week. Enjoy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jezyg - see what we can do about pictures in the next few days if it stops raining!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Bluebottle said:
Hi Jezyg - see what we can do about pictures in the next few days if it stops raining!

New car and rain howunthoughtful of Mr weather

Brill thanks look forward to the pics

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bluebottle said:
all the extras were on the car mats, spare wheel, comfort pack, touchup paint stick, cherished number plate and they presented me with a bottle of bubbly
I'm trying to get a Tornado Red touchup pen for my Seat Mii (due to minor argument with the number plate of the car behind me
) and the Seat dealer says these aren't yet available, which seems odd. He has checked with Skoda and VW as well and got the same story from them.

Any idea where I can get one? I want to touch up the chip on my bumper before it starts to get worse.

Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, Tornado red has been a vw colour for ages so you should get touch up no problem. Just make sure they haven't tweeked the shade for the seat,(I don't think they will have to save on costs).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We just ordered our paint stick at the same that we ordered the car it came two or three weeks before we picked the car up

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I believe that the colour codes are the same across the group

·
Registered
587 Posts
Zigster said:
Bluebottle said:
all the extras were on the car mats, spare wheel, comfort pack, touchup paint stick, cherished number plate and they presented me with a bottle of bubbly
I'm trying to get a Tornado Red touchup pen for my Seat Mii (due to minor argument with the number plate of the car behind me
) and the Seat dealer says these aren't yet available, which seems odd. He has checked with Skoda and VW as well and got the same story from them.

Any idea where I can get one? I want to touch up the chip on my bumper before it starts to get worse.

Thanks

You can use VW Tornado Red touch up stick from Halfords, I use the VW Candy White one on my Candy White Leon and works fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts