Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First view of the Up! today. Still in plastics


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,862 Posts
Lovely :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,147 Posts
Looking good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Very nice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Week 29 and already at the dealer - that's good going.

Had my weekly update from my dealer yesterday - my week 29er is at the port awaiting shipment to UK.

Not sure I want it to arrive too soon - I can't take delivery until October!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Having seen a few up's without wheel trims at the dealers been wondering if the 'VW' black centre caps at £45 for four would work with the standard black wheels to give a similar look to the SEAT Mii S naked wheel look but with some posher centre caps?


Only bit that would stand out would be the silver wheel weights which could be painted.

Anyone good with Photoshop who could create a composite?



Edited by: jezyg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Dangerinleyland said:
I'd be interested to see whether this would work. Could look good on my white take Up!

What I was thinking basic Mii looks quite good with silver steel wheels and a black plastic hub cap. Take Up! with the same Hub Caps from the Black up! would be quiteniftyIMO.



Edited by: jezyg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Wishfull thinking, me thinks - the alloy centre caps will almost certainly be of a different size and fitting style to be used with steel wheels i.e clipping into the alloy wheel rather than onto the steel type.

I suspect your options will be to use the basic Seat Mii plastic caps on the up! steel wheels (with some adhesive VW logos), or go for aftermarket grease cap covers, wheel nut covers etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Upmeister said:
Wishfull thinking, me thinks - the alloy centre caps will almost certainly be of a different size and fitting style to be used with steel wheels i.e clipping into the alloy wheel rather than onto the steel type.

I suspect your options will be to use the basic Seat Mii plastic caps on the up! steel wheels (with some adhesive VW logos), or go for aftermarket grease cap covers, wheel nut covers etc.

I thought that too but if you look in the up! accessories brochure it states they fit "all up! wheels". I had read the fittings were universal even on steelies, they do look the right size. Easy to test as the centre caps from a white or black up! should fit if they are the same as in the brochure. If someone could just pull the centre cap out and see how it fits that would probably answer the question?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
jezyg said:
I thought that too but if you look in the up! accessories brochure it states they fit "all up! wheels". I had read the fittings were universal even on steelies, they do look the right size. Easy to test as the centre caps from a white or black up! should fit if they are the same as in the brochure. If someone could just pull the centre cap out and see how it fits that would probably answer the question?

Oh.. now I have to run out to the garage to pull the caps off my white up! to see if it fits on the steel spare..!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
jezyg said:
I thought that too but if you look in the up! accessories brochure it states they fit "all up! wheels". I had read the fittings were universal even on steelies, they do look the right size. Easy to test as the centre caps from a white or black up! should fit if they are the same as in the brochure. If someone could just pull the centre cap out and see how it fits that would probably answer the question?
Answer is: absolutely not, not even close..!!



side note: I did find the spare to have FLOWERS on the sidewalls..!! I hope I NEVER have a flat..!!






 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,635 Posts
Not averse to the odd flower. But wouldn't really want them on my tyres. Good job it's just a spare. But why on earth don't they put the same tyre on as a spare?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Not averse to the odd flower. But wouldn't really want them on my tyres. Good job it's just a spare. But why on earth don't they put the same tyre on as a spare?
I guess it's a cheaper tyre.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top