Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my up for just over two weeks now, first chance i've had to take some pics when it's clean(ish)

Edited by: Andy T9

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very nice. Just one detail I don't care for on the White; the chrome door mirrors. They look at odds with the rest of the car, IMHO. But, hey, not important: enjoy :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks good - I do like the tinted rear windows. I know you and I have had our cars a similar length of time: I gave mine its first wash today.

Hope you're enjoying the car.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice. I like the wheels on these.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UpMan said:
Very nice. Just one detail I don't care for on the White; the chrome door mirrors. They look at odds with the rest of the car, IMHO. But, hey, not important: enjoy :)
I wasn't sure about them initially but prefer them to white mirrors now. Think theres plently of chrome for them to blend in with, like the VW badges, door strips and the diamond cut rims.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quatrain said:
Looks good - I do like the tinted rear windows. I know you and I have had our cars a similar length of time: I gave mine its first wash today.

Hope you're enjoying the car.
Cheers, how's it going with yours? 400 miles in and the engine and 'box feels smoother, love driving it. The first wash took an obsene amount of time!

Wondering about wheel spacers for the rear wheels, they look a little lost in there, fronts don't look too bad. Maybe I'll lower it a tad, hmmm its that slippery slope again!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good thanks - I've just passed 500 miles and re-filled the tank today and am getting 54 mpg which I'm happy with on its first full tank.

Like you, I love driving it and marvel at how much of a 'big car' feel there is to it. I've been especilally impressed with its open road performance.

One niggle - the clutch has a slight 'kink' in its action sometimes. It operates fine, but there's a definite small resistance at the end of its travel - as if there is a foot switch. I'll see how it goes for a few days more before taking it in for them to have a look.

Overall though, a very impressive little car.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Winter wheels fitted this weekend, 14" VW Caddy steels with Conti TS800 winter tyres. Golf G60 centre caps. Bit retro looking imo, but easy to clean in winter, or not bother at all!

·
Registered
106 Posts
You guys can do 54 MPG!?

Jeesus, I was just proud of my 44,6 MPG for my first tank!

Lovely looking Whitey! I soo want tinted windows for mine!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi

Yeah the clips on the centre cap go over the std. locking bolt okay

·
Registered
251 Posts
I did my first mileage check yesterday since getting the car two weeks ago - 55mpg. Not bad for a brand new engine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Andy T9 said:
Winter wheels fitted this weekend, 14" VW Caddy steels with Conti TS800 winter tyres. Golf G60 centre caps. Bit retro looking imo, but easy to clean in winter, or not bother at all!

I see you have H&R spacers like me. Did you remove them before the winter steelies went on? The photos look as if they're still on. They must never be used on steel wheels!!

Edited by: UpMan

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well spotted, I got my spacers at the same time as my winters, got as far as fitting two wheels before I noticed the little yellow warning stickers, gutted! I've took them off now, after being torqued up the spacers looked fine when removed, no indents left from the steel wheel mounting face or anything, can't understand why they would be dangerous (instruction manual conflicts with the stickers also), do you know any more upman? Edited by: Andy T9

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey Andy T9, what did your insurance provider say about your change of wheels?

I read a very interesting article in this weeks Sunday Times motoring section on this very point!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
M5 SUT said:

I read a very interesting article in this weeks Sunday Times motoring section on this very point!

I have my winters on now and I was concerned if I need to tell my insurance I researched it and found a list of insurers and if they want you to notify them, as it goes mine doesnt but does state the wheels have to be manufacture standard sizes

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi T9 where did you get the chrome covers/wrap for your wing mirrors?

Your car looks great - just had my 5dr high UP roof and spoiler wrapped in gloss black,

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Itzben said:
M5 SUT said:

I have my winters on now and I was concerned if I need to tell my insurance I researched it and found a list of insurers and if they want you to notify them, as it goes mine doesnt but does state the wheels have to be manufacture standard sizes
They weren't very interested, but noted it on the policy.

Same with alloy wheels, if they are non standard, you have to declare to your insurer, even if they are the same size/worthless.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPANDATEM said:
Hi T9 where did you get the chrome covers/wrap for your wing mirrors?

Your car looks great - just had my 5dr high UP roof and spoiler wrapped in gloss black,

Cheers! chrome mirror caps came standard on the up 'White'

I think there's a couple of threads on here somewhere about buying them from the dealers, prices and fitting tips etc.

So you've had your spoiler wrapped, saw the pictures with the black roof/white spoiler, got any pics yet with spoiler done?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Andy T9 said:
Well spotted, I got my spacers at the same time as my winters, got as far as fitting two wheels before I noticed the little yellow warning stickers, gutted! I've took them off now, after being torqued up the spacers looked fine when removed, no indents left from the steel wheel mounting face or anything, can't understand why they would be dangerous (instruction manual conflicts with the stickers also), do you know any more upman?

I must admit that I don't really understand the physics and I made the same error as you, i.e. put two on before I saw the sticker.

Pity, as you say, but I will doubly look forward to putting my 16" Black Up! alloys PLUS spacers on come the spring.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts