Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Its not long till I get my Move Up! (week 22 Build) so in anticipation of her arrival I decided to see what I could get her

I looked at mats,in car accessories and all the usual stuff,but thought lets get something different

so..........I eventually bought her a set of private number plates!

AB5 4 UPS - totally loving it as my name is Abs obviously and got the Up in it as well

I wouldn't have even though about a private plate but it has to be the best for my up!

What was or will be the first thing you buy for your up! to give it your personal touch?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice plates Abs, I bet that'll put a big smile on your face when you see them on your up!

I've only bought bits and pieces so far (M&M case, Swarovski crystal encrusted tax disc holder & light blue VW anti-theft tyre caps). Still considering whether to get a set of alloys, though I'll leave that decision until I finally see my car.

I thought about a private plate using my name/initials and the letters UP of course but then my hubby pointed out that the next car I buy might not be an up! and I'd be left with a private plate that didn't really mean anything. Couldn't argue with that so I didn't bother (mind you, the 850 quid price tag put me off a bit too
).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha it will definately put a smile on my face!

850 quid,blimey that would put me off as well.My wonderful wife has said to buy as it is will be part of our anniversary gifts so I couldnt decline

You've got a few nice things already(think I'll need to order a case for the M&M as well) and agree totally about the alloys,once I get the car I am wanting to get alloys for it

Seeing all the pictures of the up!s with alloys has made me jealous! lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no completely forgot about the accessories brochure!

I will need to order the mud flaps (thanks b82ry for reminding me!) and also the white key cover

This forum is going to make me skint!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Abs said:
Oh no completely forgot about the accessories brochure!

I will need to order the mud flaps (thanks b82ry for reminding me!) and also the white key cover

This forum is going to make me skint!

You, me and probably quite a few others too
. I wasn't remotely interested in alloys originally (mainly because I'm absolutely pants at parallel parking and the wheel trims on my Aygo look like they've been in a war zone) BUT there are so many great looking ones on here that I don't think I can resist.

I reckon I'll have to get the mud flaps too and I'm still considering the £59 door sill trims that are being sold on eBAy.......will it never end

·
Registered
467 Posts
I also thought of the key cover, but when Iaccidentallydropped the original key and got few scratches on it, can't even imagine what would happen with the white cover.Still using the original robust key, but maybe will upgrade and just be more careful

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha lol on the quote about the wheel trims looking like they have been in a war zone!

I don't think it will ever end, the accessories that are made for the up! can only increase

I better start working on the reasons I will use to justify the purchases to the other half!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
No car, no firm date even, but so far I've got:

M&M case (from here)
Stainless steel door strips (link from here)
VW wheel cap things (again here)
VW tax disc holder (I actually sourced that myself, but only after the crystal encrusted place didn't return my email!)
SD micro 32gb card (again, idea from here)
VW mud flaps (yep, you guessed, link from here)
Stainless steel bee sting aerial (just me!)
And I did look at the link for the pages of alloys on eBay, but will leave that for now, see if I can live with the classics
Nearly forgot
Griffin USB adapter (thanks again to here)

I think I see a trend!

And lastly my number plate which is on retention
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha certainly a trend

Looks like you are well and truly prepared bugbabe34!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Prepared but alas no car

I shouldn't moan really, it's much earlier than the quoted date I was originally given. But once you get your build week, it seems to take forever

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
nice number plate... thought about getting one myself, but maybe later when ive accumilated some money!

I've only got couple things so far
-m+m cover
- phone charger
- airfreshner
- picnic blanket to keep in the boot

·
Registered
956 Posts
Abs said:
Haha lol on the quote about the wheel trims looking like they have been in a war zone!

I don't think it will ever end, the accessories that are made for the up! can only increase

I better start working on the reasons I will use to justify the purchases to the other half!

No no no, you've got it all wrong. You don't need any justification at all, just be a good boy and do the gardening, fix anything in the house that needs it, let her watch whatever she wants on TV (even if it means missing Euro 2012 or whatever else you love) buy her flowers, take her out for a nice meal....you get the picture

Actually, strike that and find some reasons, cos I've just re-read what I've written and if my hubby started doing all those things, I'd probably think he was having an affair and divorce him

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
clowesa said:
Abs said:

No no no, you've got it all wrong. You don't need any justification at all, just be a good boy and do the gardening, fix anything in the house that needs it, let her watch whatever she wants on TV (even if it means missing Euro 2012 or whatever else you love) buy her flowers, take her out for a nice meal....you get the picture

Actually, strike that and find some reasons, cos I've just re-read what I've written and if my hubby started doing all those things, I'd probably think he was having an affair and divorce him

Haha im sure my other would love all that! apart from the divorcing .....i hope

Well looks like there is another thing i'll need to buy and that is a phone charger for the car! - thanks to Gemma for helping me add one more thing to my shopping list!

Edited by: Abs

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bugbabe34 said:
Prepared but alas no car

I shouldn't moan really, it's much earlier than the quoted date I was originally given. But once you get your build week, it seems to take forever

I feel your pain

It is taking forever ,i suppose this forum is keeping us busy and hearing the other members stories from ordering to receiving is some comfort

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Abs said:
bugbabe34 said:
Prepared but alas no car

I feel your pain

It is taking forever ,i suppose this forum is keeping us busy and hearing the other members stories from ordering to receiving is some comfort
Busy and broke

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have just sorted my music files and copied 11gb of music on to myMicro SD Card
Here's hoping it works

Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bugbabe34 said:
I have just sorted my music files and copied 11gb of music on to myMicro SD Card
Here's hoping it works

You are sooooo prepared lol
When is it you are expecting your up?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Now there's the million dollar question, looking like w/c 18th June.
I'm build week 21, last I heard the car would be at the dealers mid to end of next week. But that's all I've been told.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts