Up Owners Club banner

First purchase for my up!

2K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  clowesa 
#1 ·
Hi all

Its not long till I get my Move Up! (week 22 Build) so in anticipation of her arrival I decided to see what I could get her

I looked at mats,in car accessories and all the usual stuff,but thought lets get something different

so..........I eventually bought her a set of private number plates!

AB5 4 UPS - totally loving it as my name is Abs obviously and got the Up in it as well

I wouldn't have even though about a private plate but it has to be the best for my up!

What was or will be the first thing you buy for your up! to give it your personal touch?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Haha it will definately put a smile on my face!

850 quid,blimey that would put me off as well.My wonderful wife has said to buy as it is will be part of our anniversary gifts so I couldnt decline

You've got a few nice things already(think I'll need to order a case for the M&M as well) and agree totally about the alloys,once I get the car I am wanting to get alloys for it

Seeing all the pictures of the up!s with alloys has made me jealous! lol

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Oh no completely forgot about the accessories brochure!

I will need to order the mud flaps (thanks b82ry for reminding me!) and also the white key cover

This forum is going to make me skint!

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Haha lol on the quote about the wheel trims looking like they have been in a war zone!

I don't think it will ever end, the accessories that are made for the up! can only increase

I better start working on the reasons I will use to justify the purchases to the other half!

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Haha certainly a trend

Looks like you are well and truly prepared bugbabe34!

Discussion starter · #14 ·
clowesa said:
Abs said:
Haha lol on the quote about the wheel trims looking like they have been in a war zone!

I don't think it will ever end, the accessories that are made for the up! can only increase

I better start working on the reasons I will use to justify the purchases to the other half!

No no no, you've got it all wrong. You don't need any justification at all, just be a good boy and do the gardening, fix anything in the house that needs it, let her watch whatever she wants on TV (even if it means missing Euro 2012 or whatever else you love) buy her flowers, take her out for a nice meal....you get the picture

Actually, strike that and find some reasons, cos I've just re-read what I've written and if my hubby started doing all those things, I'd probably think he was having an affair and divorce him

Haha im sure my other would love all that! apart from the divorcing .....i hope

Well looks like there is another thing i'll need to buy and that is a phone charger for the car! - thanks to Gemma for helping me add one more thing to my shopping list!

Edited by: Abs

Discussion starter · #15 ·
bugbabe34 said:
Prepared but alas no car

I shouldn't moan really, it's much earlier than the quoted date I was originally given. But once you get your build week, it seems to take forever

I feel your pain

It is taking forever ,i suppose this forum is keeping us busy and hearing the other members stories from ordering to receiving is some comfort

Discussion starter · #19 ·
bugbabe34 said:
I have just sorted my music files and copied 11gb of music on to myMicro SD Card
Here's hoping it works

You are sooooo prepared lol
When is it you are expecting your up?

Discussion starter · #21 ·
That's not too far away,im sure you'll get more precise dates next week

I'm week 22 ,last update was on Friday the dealer said that the car is at Emden waiting to be shipped across and he had advised me that worst case scenario is 14 days at the latest for me to get my car......fingers crossed he is true to his word

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.