Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have tried our Sat Nav on a few local trips and all has been well.

First real run out today when my lovely wife was off to Liverpool the **** thing fails.

About 10 miles into the journey the unit locked up and would no longer navigate.

Luckily she had the nous to look for a reset button and found it. She then had to fashion a 'prodder' out of a key ring circle thingy to prod (obviously!) the button.

Unit re-started and worked fine the rest of the trip.

Can't say I am impressed and I hope it is a one-off.

Edited by: VWXYZ

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've had lock-ups with my Garmin zumo 500, and one strange incident in 2009 where there was no signal at all. At the top of the A686 near the Hartside Top Café the road entirely disappeared for a couple of miles, until I was a couple of miles down the other side towards Alston. I stopped, switched off the zumo, restarted it, and the same happened. Very odd!

I had a Garmin eTrex on my KTM Duke II, but tht used to freeze. Not surprising really with all the vibrations coming from a highly-tuned 625cc single-cyclinder engine.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Mine has just reset itself once...happened when I tried to jump cd tracks to quickly...

Guess its all down to being a windoze ce device.......bloody Microsoft....!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
When all is said and done, it is a computer...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Same as Privatedoc, except mine was skipping tracks on the SD card

·
Registered
532 Posts
The best bit of sat navs is driving across fields.

The new lindale bypass extension took a while to get on the device. It's strange seeing your car drive across green fields and the sat nav's efforts to get you back on the road.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
At least you can get regular online updates of the maps... in my EOS there were so many roads not on it after the 5 years... Wasn't going to spend loads of money on a new dvd!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts