Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went today to first (yearly) service, thought others too might be interested to know what to expect.

Oil changed, got new oil and dust filters; total about 100 GBP. Oil is 3 liters of Castrol mag.prof. A3 5W-40.
They said underside looks great, no rust, nothing loose, nothing damaged. They are ordered by VW to check all up!s for water leaks (... somewhere, they weren't clear and I didn't ask, as I didn't think I had the problem).

Takes about 1 hour.

They gave me back the old dust & pollen filter - what can I do with it? (This is not a rhetorical question, I am really curious whether I can do something useful with it?)

Edited by: ptae2000e

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thanks for the info, mine won't be till September now but worth knowing what happens. Just checked my oil, it's not used a drop since new :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It is good to know, although I only got mine November so I've got a fair wait yet.
I assume that cost would be covered by the 3 year service pack, if bought as point of sale?

·
Registered
121 Posts
You didn't go for the servicing plan?

Seems a no-brainer, even at the non-VW Finance price of £299, considering it'll get you two of these oil changes and an intermediate service which will be at least £150.

At the subsidised rate of £199 it's even better value.

Interested as to why you didn't opt for it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
juux said:
If addressed to me: I was not offered that option... As far as I know, it depends on the distributor/importer in each country; I'm 99% sure it's not available here (Croatia). Same with additional protection/waxing before delivery.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm UK resident and and did not take this offer bacause I was not madeawareof this deal, if I was I would havecertainlytaken it

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Got my 1st service done at 4 months...yup I'm a high mileage chappy......haggled the service pack for free at point of sale so free for first 3 services....dealer remarked on how sound the car was, and as far as I'm concerned, not missed a beat since purchase.....averaging around 60mpg , economy gets better with passing miles.....now 6/12 old and approaching 14k miles.....one of the best and most economical cars I've owned in over 30 yrs!

·
Registered
121 Posts
ptae2000e said:
juux said:
If addressed to me: I was not offered that option... As far as I know, it depends on the distributor/importer in each country; I'm 99% sure it's not available here (Croatia). Same with additional protection/waxing before delivery.

Ahh, makes sense now. Sorry, I didn't see you were from Croatia!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts