Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Uppys

I've got my up's first service in a couple of weeks and took up the 3years servicing offer when I bought the car so hopefully shouldn't cost me anything for the service....fingers crossed

I'm curious to find out how other people's Ups have fared on their first service, anything unusual picked up by garage etc.....

Thanks in advance
Abs

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mine went through with no probs. it's only done 2.5k though..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine was fine, also got the service plan, now done 18K so will need the next service soon

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's reassuring to hear that,mine is approaching 10000
blimey 18000 miles already! I take it that was mainly motorway miles?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Leif, this is my first new vw and so was curious to see how other ups fared
I've heard some horror stories from friends when they took their new cars in for first service and certain dealers have "made up things that need replacing", I've not had issues with servicing my previous cars thank god!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I had some extra bits done to my Take Up at its first service and it took 4 days while they waited for a part, but I had a free loan car so it was no real trouble. No charge as I have the service plan.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Allybasher said:
I had some extra bits done to my Take Up at its first service and it took 4 days while they waited for a part, but I had a free loan car so it was no real trouble. No charge as I have the service plan. 
That was good of them,I've got courtesy car for the day hopefully all is ok and I get my up back the same day

Leif - 2nd service already

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Just had the second (major) service, 21,000 miles, no issues at all, although the front tyres are getting a bit thin and will need changing in a few thousand miles.

There was a recall on the door lock, so they changed the barrel, I have no idea why. I mentioned the steering pulling to the left one time, and it being hard to get into reverse when on my sloping drive, but they reckoned it was alright.

I had a diesel Polo loan car during the service, and I really do prefer the Up. Yes the Polo is plusher inside, but the Up is perkier and more fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts