Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Up! for its first service today. We've had no problems with it at all (besides the idiot clipping the mirror off). I was surprised to receive a phonecall from them saying that I'd need to bring it back in as the heat shield had 'broken' and they were ordering the part for it. It's still covered under warranty so no problem there. When I got there I asked more questions about it and discovered they've been having this problem with heat shields on the Up!s and is something they keep an eye out for and repair them as quickly as possible. They said it isn't a 'break' it is corrosion to the centre of it by the exhaust. The Up! is not even a year old yet and done 5000 miles, I couldn't believe it! On inspection there is a little corrosion to it. It's something to keep an eye on with yours!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I have already had my first service but there was no mention of a problem with the heat shield. Next time I am passing my dealer I will pop in to ask about it. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah pretty common, but it's good they have picked it up. Watch out for deep puddles when driving, as this has been breaking them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts