Up Owners Club banner

Fitting bucket seats?

Tags
mods
8K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Jcb 
#1 ·
Hi all, was looking for information about how people are going about fitting Sparco, Corbeau and recaro seats.

tia

#2 ·
Hi there,
There are several threads about fitting aftermarket seats, but the forum search function appears to be broken at the moment. When that starts working again, I'd have a look through and see if your particular seats are mentioned. The main considerations are whether the new seats fit on the same rail spacing (I believe the Up!s are narrower than many) and whether the electronic monitoring connector - for airbags and seatbelt alerts - will attach properly (most likely not, as the car's connector appears to be VAG-specific).

#12 ·
That does sound like a lot of money, but I really think it's one of those things that feels as though it fundamentally changes the car and makes it feel far more special.

Do the aftermarket offerings keep the same seating height? I assume it can't be any lower than standard but it's already pretty high so you wouldn't want to raise it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.