Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all!

My grandma has just got herself a spanking new up! It's the base model so doesn't have central locking or electric windows, & I wondered if anyone had tackled fitting them yet?

In an ideal world it'll be a case of buying the window motor & bolting it in to the door, attaching the wiring etc & away we go! My best mate remaps cars so could activate the option if applicable etc... Does anyone know if the wiring is in the door ready for it, or is it a bigger job than I'm thinking?

I've retro fitted electric windows & central locking in to plenty of other VWs but nothing this new.

Can anyone help/advise? Thanks :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not quite as simple as that as the Take Up! has a more basic electrical system as standard so retro fitting the OEM parts is not quite as straightforward. I would imagine though a third party kit could be fitted by an auto electrician if one is available or a hybrid making use of some of the OEM parts and aseparatecontrol system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello i have exactly the same problem because seller forgot to mention the small detail that the basic version comes without central locking. Did you solve the problem? If yes can you please tell me how?
Thanks alex

·
Registered
58 Posts
Every car was made by specs of his owner. Wiring is only for equipment that existingin acar. There is no extra cables.
Aftermarket central locking and electric windows will be much easier to adapt then OEM stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Ghost,

thank you for your reply. My question is not about the electrical part. The question is about the hardware for the central locking. There are usually 2 options: 1st the universal type and 2nd the custom for everey car type. Here in Greece there is no custom kit for the Up yet. So....does anybody knows any custom kit available in the UK or has anybody installed a universal type? Or is ther any OEM kit available?

Thanks again,
Alex

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wanted to quickly bump this topic. I bought a Take Up! with no kit, so like the OP - no central locking. Any idea on whether I could get this installed?

I can unlock my drivers door with my key, but then have to open the passenger door from inside the car. Could this be altered so my key opens both doors? Could I do this myself or do I need someone to help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
HAS ANYONE FOUND OUT HOW THIS CAN BE DONE AS AGAIN I HAVE THE BOX STANDARD AND BASIC MODEL AND WOULD LOVE THE COMFORT PACK AS IT IS KNOWN.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That's alright, no sweat.
As for the central locking, you'd need all the wiring and hardware for it, as it won't be in there. Then there is some debate as to whether it would be plug and play or not. Same again for the leccy windows. I hate to say it, but speccing the comfort pack would likely have been a cheaper option.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You're absolutely right, speccing it would've been cheaper.

In fact, I don't even want remote central locking or electric windows, I just want to be able to turn the key in the driver's side door and it unlock the passenger door (it already does the boot). Any idea on how to do this?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bumping this! Really would appreciate your help. My dealership isn't being very helpful!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just taken the door panel off my drivers side seat mii, model s, so that i can fit central locking and electric windows.
There is no wiring in place for cl ew. There are 2 wires for speaker and 2 wires for a pressure sensor for airbag, and 2 unused wires soldered together, i think these are for an acceleratorometer sensor which has not been fiitted. I am hoping to trace these back to the footwell and maybe use these to pass 0 and 12v to the door, joining the wires at bulkhead first
Fitting the electric window motor should be easy part no is 6Ru959801 which looks almost same as polo motor
6R0959801. I think i can fit a door acctuator in as well, but it will not be essy, am hoping to put central locking main unit inside the door panel, so i will only have one electric window and one door acctuator on drivers door to keep it easy, kit on ebay for central locking are cheap.
This depends if i can get 12v to the door, if i cant i am tempted to use a rechargable battery placed in door pocket, central locking unit current pull,is about 5 ma so battery would last weeks before recharge.
The funny thing is unlocking the drivers door also,unlocks the boot electronically, but i can find no,wire which sends a signal for this inside the door panel, unless it is buried, i need to,post pictures as it will all become clearEdited by: lumsdot

·
Registered
22 Posts
I gave up, there was no power cables to my door.
I did purchase an electric door window motor from ebay it was for a polo , it fitted perfectly, but with no power i removed it and use the winder handle
I would have to drill holes in the doors molex connector and push new power wires through but very little room to do this.
I may fit a rechargeable battery after the cars warranty is up, in the door pocket, this could work the window.
I dont think central locking would be easy since the door locking mechanism is very flimsy and no where to put the actuators

·
Registered
182 Posts
you buy the complet harness for the doors bolt the thing in, and then a couple off wires for bcm and power , should it bee like faktory you must buy new door sides,it´s going to cost abit you can´t do it yourself, if you go to the dealer the pries for new harness is 60-70 pounds pr. door, the comes the other bits,
if you want both mirros an windows, and c-locking, the buy the harness for everys thing(the pries ist the same)
in the doors it´s dead easy, plug and play, the only thing is the around 10 wires in the car, that could be alittle tricky.

it will be harder doing something not from vw

regards
RIX

Edited by: RIX

·
Registered
182 Posts
lumsdot said:
I gave up, there was no power cables to my door.
I did purchase an electric door window motor from ebay it was for a polo , it fitted perfectly, but with no power i removed it and use the winder handle
I would have to drill holes in the doors molex connector and push new power wires through but very little room to do this.
I may fit a rechargeable battery after the cars warranty is up, in the door pocket, this could work the window.
I dont think central locking would be easy since the door locking mechanism is very flimsy and no where to put the actuators
why should there be actuators vw has not used actuators since the golf mrk 3.
and they havn´t made the mark 3 for 16 years.
and vw has not put ekstra wirres in cars since the mrk 3 golf
regards
rix

1 - 18 of 18 Posts