Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a tad unorthodox, but I’m set on getting some properly rally car style mudflaps for my StreetUp, most likely in black for a bit of subtlety.

I was mainly wondering, A) Would a set of universal mudflaps like sparco ones fit the car properly? B) How easy/tricky would they be to install? And C) Are there any mudflaps like these available for the Up! already?

Any help would be appreciated on this, just need some place to start as this is my first car and the first time I’ve dived into modifications.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Only problem with those is you'd have to drill the rear bumper and front wings to fit. Not reversible without some filling and a paint blow-in.
They wouldn't look right without some rally wheels & tyres to go under them, eg OZ wheels
As far as I'm aware, the only mudflaps available for the Up / Mii / Citigo are the VAG ones, which fit great, and IMO enhance the look of the car. Some people don't like them, but I do.
Had them on all our Up's from new.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been thinking about this mod as well. My Up! has those small "flaps" made of hard plastic that came with the car. Because they are so small, they are pretty much useless.

I'm not too keen on drilling new holes. Maybe proper rubber mudflaps can be put between the car body and the current plastic ones? Or use the existing holes sans hard plastic flaps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only problem with those is you'd have to drill the rear bumper and front wings to fit. Not reversible without some filling and a paint blow-in.
They wouldn't look right without some rally wheels & tyres to go under them, eg OZ wheels
As far as I'm aware, the only mudflaps available for the Up / Mii / Citigo are the VAG ones, which fit great, and IMO enhance the look of the car. Some people don't like them, but I do.
Had them on all our Up's from new.
Yeah I get what your saying with the drilling, would much prefer to avoid that at the moment.

if you could send some pictures of your car with the VAG mudflaps I’d love to see it!

·
Registered
644 Posts
911 is right, I have them on mine, look great and fit properly. Speed humps and even kerbs could be a problem with bigger deeper ones, unless you are raising the ride height (really ?)
Here is the rear one with my winter steels and hubcaps, summer alloys in storage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts