1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do the front flaps stop all the crap going in the door step or do they still get dirty?I'm interested to know if they are effective or not?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi After reading this i think i will fit my own...Had up booked in for monday to fit back/front flaps they charge £110 all in ..So might as well buy them for£55 and do it my self

·
Registered
705 Posts
No, they don't stop the door sills getting filthy. But I imagine they're cleaner than they would be without them in place.

Nick

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
markup said:
Hi After reading this i think i will fit my own...Had up booked in for monday to fit back/front flaps they charge £110 all in ..So might as well buy them for£55 and do it my self 
The rears were easy, the springs clips are pretty tough. I expanded them a tad it helped loads.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Supermegamonkee said:
markup said:
The rears were easy, the springs clips are pretty tough. I expanded them a tad it helped loads.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Collas said:
No, they don't stop the door sills getting filthy. But I imagine they're cleaner than they would be without them in place.

Nick
Thanks for the info. Probably pass on fitting them then + save a bit more onwind resistance and better fuel economy.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think it would cause a noticeable difference? I would be surprised if it did.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Supermegamonkee, I think in a controlled testcase e.g. in a wind tunnel, you may see a small difference. However, if you press the accelerator a bit to hard twice a week, or brake two times too often, this difference is already gone.I am positive that the way you drive has a much larger impact on your consumption than whether or not you have mudflaps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive had two goes at fitting the front mud flaps,your photos are brilliant just one small point though ,when I take out the bottom plastic insert as you stated does the one in the kit go on first against the metalor after the liner is back in place or last, as I notice it is longer than the original one. rear all ok and fitted first time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts