Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i collect my up pretty much this time tommorow but am thinking should i add the 3 year fixed price service plan when i pick up?? i think it would probley be worth it as holding onto car but dont really have the spare £300 to pay out, how much will i save over the 3 services if i just booked in when they were needed???? advice please, pros or cons. got to make my mind up before 11.30 tommorow morning as will have to borrow cash if i go ahead with offer. thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think it's a good deal, even if it's just that you don't have to worry about it for 3 years.

However, I think that I, like a number of others on the forum, twisted the dealers arm, gave them a hard time etc etc and got the Service Plan thrown in for half price or even nothing at all.

Speak to your dealer

·
Registered
540 Posts
I know this is literally no help to you but I got that thrown in for free when I ordered mine t'other week.

Personal preferance is to go with yes, but I can't speak for everyone. Depends on the rate you're going to borrow at and whether in your heart of hearts you'll think you'll use it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
donnie0311 said:
as others have said got mine half price just see if they will do it any cheaper
Car is already sold, bargaining time is over

·
Registered
121 Posts
2020mad said:
Hi, i collect my up pretty much this time tommorow but am thinking should i add the 3 year fixed price service plan when i pick up?? i think it would probley be worth it as holding onto car but dont really have the spare £300 to pay out, how much will i save over the 3 services if i just booked in when they were needed???? advice please, pros or cons. got to make my mind up before 11.30 tommorow morning as will have to borrow cash if i go ahead with offer. thanks.

That you'll save money isn't in doubt, the package is 50-100% cheaper than paying for the services at rack rates.

If you're not keeping the car for 3+ years then it's a valuable selling point.

If you are keeping the car for the three years then you'll benefit anyway.

Short answer: Do it :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
They are always keen to get customers on the service plan in hope that by the 2nd and 3rd service they can charge you for consumable items not covered like, brake pads and tyres so may still be worth asking for discount. Nothing car dealers or manufactures offer is because they want to do you a favour its a well thought out psychological process to maximise how much cash they can get you to handover in the longer term. Or am I just cynical ?˜‰

·
Registered
811 Posts
On my wife's Fox, the predecessor of our first Up, we took out the service plan but part chopped it affect 2 years for the Up. We actually got £100 extra in the deal to compensate for the unused service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Out of interest (never had a new car or one from a dealers), can I change brake pads and consumables myself as long as I use OEM items?

·
Registered
121 Posts
crutts said:
Out of interest (never had a new car or one from a dealers), can I change brake pads and consumables myself as long as I use OEM items?

Yes, you as long as you use appropriate parts (E marked etc.) then your warrantyshouldn'tbe affected. The definition of "competent person" is, as usual, a bit of a contentious issue though.

In the event of a claim they'll use any excuse to wriggle out of payment, but in theory the law is on you side.Keep all your receipts!

What manufacturers do nowadays though is tie dealer work to the finance, i.e. in order to benefit from the lower APR, guaranteed value they quote, lower excess milage charges etc. then you need to use their workshops, parts etc.

This is currently legal.

Edited by: juux

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well sat down and spoke to dealer, Got 90 days to sort out, so am going to order after payday. No discount or offer but still seems an ok deal to sign up to especially to aviod any warrenty issues if maybe incorrect oil or something was used at an independent garage.
Thanks for all advice peeps. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts