Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I’m generally not very hands on with my car but since I now have very little else to do, I was looking to see if anyone had tips on how I fix this dent.

I don’t really know what that part of the roof is called to even look it up! (Pun intended).

I was hoping I could just easily get behind the trim underneath and push it out. It’s just about the back driver side wonder of a three door 2014 groove up. I just wanted to check if there were any watch outs before I start messing around.

any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi there,
Took a bit of digging in the Workshop Manual, but it's called the 'roof side member' (really helpful...). Unfortunately, it is bonded to the main body very close to where your dent is, so I suspect access from the underside is not possible:

I have never pulled a dent - hopefully someone else can chip in on that part - but from a perusal online I would suggest either one of the vacuum puller options (having warmed the metal first, but be very careful here as you are close to glue and windows, which will not take kindly to being heated, and the metal skin is very thin) or waiting until lockdown is over and having your favourite mobile/garage service deal with it. Thankfully doesn't look like the paint has been damaged, so you should be ok to wait.

Reactions: DrewKerr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thanks for your research - sorry, I only just found your reply.
Will need to wait till post lockdown then - but good to know what it’s called....

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had a small dent in my smallest panel, front wing. Got a local guy to do it £25, ten minutes perfect.
It helps that they know what they're doing and the metal is SO THIN, no need to heat it up
So unless you plan on buying all the kit AND learning how to do it properly, maybe you just call a dent guy (just saying)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a small dent in my smallest panel, front wing. Got a local guy to do it £25, ten minutes perfect.
It helps that they know what they're doing and the metal is SO THIN, no need to heat it up
So unless you plan on buying all the kit AND learning how to do it properly, maybe you just call a dent guy (just saying)
Thanks - yep, now that things are opening up I think that is what I will try to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts