Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!

So Florence (AKA Flo) got delivered Friday with 11 miles on the clock....she looked lovely and shiny and I was so excited!!
29 miles later waiting for the RAC I'm afraid we were really not feeling the love for one another.
She's now in the garage awaiting parts and I'm really disappointed! Anyone else had a problem with a seized cam belt tensioner? (I think that was what it is, I just want her back!!! It will be a week till she's fixed :-(

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's really unlucky hope you get it sorted quick . What happened? Did it just grind to a stop and cut out? Unusual for such a new car obviously a manufacturing error, hope the dealer looks after you well!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ricken....thank you!
I pulled into Waitrose....she was banging and knocking, juddering and really noisy. The EPC (think that's correct) light was flashing.
They thought it had been misfuelled. Diagnostics said cylinders 1 and 2 were mis firing.
I had her for two hours :-(
The dealership are being really good and trying to fix her ASAP :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's really unlucky. Sounds like the tensioner seized and made the belt jump a tooth or so throwing the timing out. Fingers crossed no valves hit the pistons.

Hope you get it back soon.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I had a Fiat uno which had a failed cambelt tesnsioner bearing. Mine was just noisy and it was easily replaced.

Don't worry, there's no good reason why you won't have trouble free years.

I hope you don't see this comment as a bit patronising, it's not meant to be.

Incredibly bad luck that you should get a badly made bearing.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bad luck, you must be disappointed right now. Let's hope they fix it quick so you can enjoy you new ride

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's such a shame for you Bex
I hope they sort it out for you quickly and get your lovely new car back to you

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
teething glitch...they make so-many cars, the odd one has to have a rogue component....sorry for your trouble, hopefully you'll get it back asap and with a nice wee sweetner from VW.....ask for the service package or similar and see how sorry they really are.

get well soon Flo.!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all!!
Flo should be fixed and ready for collection today.....fingers crossed!!
Yay!!!!
I shall let you know how we do.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Did you take a pic of the damage before the started work? Would be interesting to see a before and after picture

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oops sorry, got two posts mixed up, I thought you were the lady who had a motorbike hit her up!
Note to self, re-read posts before posting rubbish

1 - 14 of 14 Posts