Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been hard locally by heavy rain and winds from storm Ciara which has caused flooding in our village and the local town of Masham.

We spent the morning trying to unblock drains and whilst doing so I was further soaked by to$$ers driving past at speed in their 4x4's thinking it was all a bit of a joke.

What is it with some drivers who insist on driving in these conditions just because they have a 4x4?

Then this afternoon, I saw this photograph of a 4x4 driver floating along the A684 today. Bet they wished that they had stayed at home!

If you are wondering it's a Maserati Levante, RRP £57,930! Good luck explaining that to your insurance/lease company.

·
Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
Whilst not on this scale of flooding, a few rivers nearby have breached the roads, and I'm startled by the idiots who think their car is capable of wading through 3-4 feet of water. And I'm not talking about SUV's either, just yesterday I saw a BMW 'Mini' being pushed out of a flood with an obvious electrical fault caused by said owner believing his car could safely drive through 3 feet of water. A foot deep maybe I'd give it a go, but any deeper and no-way!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Seems to be a popular activity. Not quite sure where in south Wales this is, but two vehicles drove down this flooded street while the news cameras were recording (relevant bit at 1:11):

The Dee in Chester/north Wales is very high at the moment but thankfully mostly within its banks. Hopefully the extreme weather will take a hiatus now so people can get their lives back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts