Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a few pictures on the used VW website I've noticed a few Ups have Hancook tyres with flowers on. I really don't want these!! I.e I don't want a girly car!!

Has anyone been stuck with them and are theynoticeablefrom a far?!?

·
Registered
123 Posts
lol,... now i did want these but got the continentals instead... i think the early cars had these, and now its continentals but i might be wrong.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
upupandaway said:
Looking at a few pictures on the used VW website I've noticed a few Ups have Hancook tyres with flowers on. I really don't want these!! I.e I don't want a girly car!!

Has anyone been stuck with them and are theynoticeablefrom a far?!?

Oh my, you don't want flowery tyres do you. I think I have them, and I'd never noticed. I've got flowery curtains in my house, perhaps I should worry.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
the one I test drove had hancooks but not with flowers on, but mine had just arroved with continentals on

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Without this post I wouldn't of even checked to see what tyres I had. But of course now I will. Be interested to see the flowers now tho

·
Registered
51 Posts
Volkswagen use loads of different tyres on their cars they probably just put a tender out to all the different manufacturers when they need some and go with the cheapest,its pot luck what you get.

·
Registered
421 Posts
As long as there's a wheel in each corner I'll be a happy puppy!!!
The flowers do look cute though, seen them but didn't take a piccy

·
Registered
198 Posts
My high up has Bridgestone ECOPIA EP 25 185/55 R15 82T on the 4 alloy wheels and Hankook Kinergy Eco 165/70 R14 81T as the full size spare

·
Registered
655 Posts
Starshaped that is totally NOT how it works for a car manufacturer picking a tyre and price isn't the main issue when choosing an 'OE' (Original Equipment) tyre supplier. Think about it...why would a car company invest millions on a model to then only scrimp at the end on tyres...they don't is the answer.

Like all car companies VW uses a selection of tyre manufacturers, not loads! One will have the majority share of supply, if not all of it, subject to how many the tyre company can make/supply. It comes down to what the car manufacturers are looking for in a tyre to best suit the car they are producing....IE optimised for fuel consumption or performance. You can see here from the tyres people are referring to that they all have an 'eco' theme with them.

I just thought it is worth clarifying this so people are properly informed on how it works!

Edited by: MarkyMark

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just seen my car for the first time and I can confirm I have Bridestone Ecopia tyres, without any flowers in sight - phew...

Would you believe it was the first thing I checked!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts