Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen people mentioning here the fly-eye film material to put on the rear lights. My car is completely black with tinted windows but the stock lights kinda stick out :(

Any idea of places that sell them in UK and how easy are they to apply/remove as needed?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I bought some from halfords to do my rear passenger windows is says on packaging will fit 2 standard windows This is not the case any way that's a different matter, £22 wasted my money very hard to apply without a tonn of air bubbles

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
spud said:
I bought some from halfords to do my rear passenger windows is says on packaging will fit 2 standard windows This is not the case any way that's a different matter, £22 wasted my money very hard to apply without a tonn of air bubbles
Did you buy tint or fly eye?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Clicky

Try that.

And to get it fitted clean the light, spray with mildly soapy water, apply the film and squeegee out all the bubbles then allow it to dry overnight.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Fly-eyes doesn't look that good on 'nice' cars, it's very industrial looking and is at home on 4x4s and 'ratty' stuff, but I think it looks terrible on something nice and shiny. You're better off with some tint film

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'm looking actually for the lights, not the windows.

Stonesies search came up withhttp://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/which is exactly the stuff I was looking for. Not just sure if the website can be trusted for purchase.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
ZillUp said:
Thanks guys. I'm looking actually for the lights, not the windows.

Stonesies search came up with http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/ which is exactly the stuff I was looking for. Not just sure if the website can be trusted for purchase.
Lol I found that site once and thought the same (I'm not a big online buyer) so tell you what, you buy some and let us know if its alreet

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Fly-eyes doesn't look that good on 'nice' cars, it's very industrial looking and is at home on 4x4s and 'ratty' stuff, but I think it looks terrible on something nice and shiny. You're better off with some tint film

I'm with you on this one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts