Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just got my VW Up! In black, I'm just wondering about fly eyes, where have people ordered them from? What size do I need, can you remove lights to change bulbs after you have applied fly eyes and how do you apply them? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered my fly-eye kit from their website( google it) but I wasn't happy with the results, it looks very industrial.
But having said that it is very cheap so give it a go.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've been looking at the website and yeah I may, do you know how to fit it? Is it simple or is their a chance of me messing it up hah

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've seen many posts about people who isn't satisfied with the industrial look. If I were you I'd go buy som smoke film tint which is cheap and bought per metre. Just lay it over the lights and blow it with a hairdryer and get rid of some bubbles. To see if you like the look. You could probably find this in the nearest hardware store or something.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the input guys, has anyone got any pics of fly eyes up close? I a,mdesperate to get these rear lights covered but I don't want to risk getting pulled over or get in any trouble with insurance or MOT, anyone know my best option, theirs a lot of misunderstanding all over the web about tinting and the law and I don't really want to take any risks

·
Registered
42 Posts
i got some fly eye over the weekend from a car show, stuck it on and heres how it looks, just had enough to cover all my lights :)

heres a view from the rear.

and a close up of my front light.

i think they look good, and if i get bored of them i can just take them off. plus they were cheap!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts