Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for the up! at Bug Jam 26 in the show and shine

Many people said it was the first one they had seen. Lots of people looking
and a few In depth conversations about how good it actually is Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Very cool!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
well done for flying our flag... so where there no other ups there at all?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My son who works there didn't see one, my daughter camped all weekend and didn't see one. Hubby and me were there just for the show and shine today and we didn't see one either. So unless there was one hiding somewhere, I don't think so. I was surprised I must say. I know from the members map there are not too many locally, but people drive for miles for Bug Jam

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's funny Scoop77.

We are complete novices when it comes to detailing lol. It was sooooo dusty there too, it was really hard to keep fhe car anywhere near clean.. So if it looks good, I thank you, but it really did have a layer of dust on which you could write in

Prior to getting to the track (where a stupid road sweeper insisted on going past again and again and kicking up dust over and over again) we had washed it with Muc Off shampoo and then polished it with Auto Glym Super resin Polish. The alloys had some multi purpose Auto Glym detailing spray on and the tyres had Auto Glym tyre dressing applied.

Hope that helps xEdited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
35 Posts
The beauty of black ;) I thought as you were in the show and shine it was your thing.
You can't beat autoglym srp. I have tried the muc off shampoo. It's quite good. Hope you're not using sponge and chammie? Get a wax or sealant over the top of everything else for best protection.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm yes exactly that. What should I be using?

Well it's not a traditional sponge, but a blue thingy with bobbly bits on one side and a mesh on the other. But it's definitely a traditional chamois

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did ask the Auto Glym salesman at the show and he said a new car didn't need waxing. Just use the polish
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like a microfiber mitt. Nothing wrong with that but lambs wool mitt is better. Use a heavy microfiber drying towel. Autoglym and Meguires from Halfords do it all. Have a look at detailingworld.co.uk. I don't agree with the salesman though. It's all about not rubbing dirt into the paint and scratching it and then protecting it. The srp won't last long but the wax over the top does.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great pics and so so shiny,I wouldn't have been so brave to let people near it just in case they scratched it lol

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Abs. I've just ordered some new detailing stuff, so hopefully it will look even better soon.

I was a bit hesitant too, but it was that or park outside the venue altogether
I just had to bite the bullet and walk away from the car

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went for the Auto Glym tar remover, Supagard sponge and Auto Glym HD wax. I will get a new wash mit (as advised
). And I got some insect remover

I already have quite a bit of stuff here (not that I know what to do with it all)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not yet, will wait for it all to come first. I looked around for the best prices befor ordering online, from various places, Hopefully it may all be here by the weekend

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jezyg (aka Jeremy) has been helping me

Thanks again Jez

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool thanks, will take a look tomorrow

1 - 20 of 26 Posts