My UP GTi :)

Milltek Road + Catback
RacingLine Turbo Inlet & Panel filter
APR Tune
(155hp)

KW V1 Coilovers
OZ Formula HLT 4H wheels
Michelin Pilot Sports (205/40/17)

Cobra Nagaro Circuits (Tread fabric / Tartan inners)
OEM Seat heaters

·
Registered
289 Posts
Your car looks lovely 😍 where did you get the APR map installed and was it put on the Dyno? Any feedback welcome as I'm seriously interested the APR map it's good value and a company with a very good reputation

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your car looks lovely 😍 where did you get the APR map installed and was it put on the Dyno? Any feedback welcome as I'm seriously interested the APR map it's good value and a company with a very good reputation
Thanks Mark.
Was done at Ecotune in Glasgow. Yip, was put on the dyno. made 130 with exhaust and turbo inlet, and 155 with the tune. Not the hugest increase, but the overall character of the drive has changed. Very impressive.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's very impressive when you consider the cars starting point of 115ps bet it goes well! The seats look amazing but out of budget for me 🙃

·
Registered
120 Posts
fastest colour for sure!

Thanks, seats are a dream.
Nice car Ian. Some questions about the seats, if I may.
Are they set higher than the lowest setting of the standard seats?
Do you find the fixed (non-adjustable) backrest of the Cobras a problem for comfort on long journeys?
As your GTI is a 3-door, do the Cobras cause problems accessing the rear seats?
Did you opt for lumbar support and if so, how good is it?
Finally (if I may be cheeky) how much did the Cobras cost?

Thanks and enjoy the car!

S.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice car Ian. Some questions about the seats, if I may.
Are they set higher than the lowest setting of the standard seats?
Do you find the fixed (non-adjustable) backrest of the Cobras a problem for comfort on long journeys?
As your GTI is a 3-door, do the Cobras cause problems accessing the rear seats?
Did you opt for lumbar support and if so, how good is it?
Finally (if I may be cheeky) how much did the Cobras cost?

Thanks and enjoy the car!

S.
Thank you.

Never used the lowest setting on the seats before, I am way too short for that. They are definitely seated lower than the standards. The seat bracket has two different height mounting options, so there is some adjust-ability in them.

I've only driven short distances with them since fitting, and even so, I've found a comfortable seating position which i feel will be fine for long distance drives. At least hope so, as I am planning a long trip next year.

Yes, they cause issues with access to the rear for anyone bigger than a small child. I did this knowingly.
I opted for the heating option, no lumbar. (Integrated OEM seat heaters and works of dash button)

Price is on the Cobra website. Starting from £799 each, and mounting kits from £299 each.
You do pay extra for various trimming options. (includes air bag resistors)

Loving this car. drives a thousand times better on the wheel and coilover change. And the throttle response isnt like and on and off switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts