Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I just picked up my UP! this monday, and I absolutely love it, but I have noticed that my windows easily get fogged, (I hope that is the right expression). Is anybody else experiencing that?

I know that the difference in temperature will cause this, but this hasn't been a problem in other cars I have driven.

My UP! is a 3 door and it normally happens when the cabin is somewhat warm and it mostly happens near the A- and B-pillar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes mine does the same unless the directional button is set to windows and the side vents angled towards the side windows.Not a biggie.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got my up today and experienced the same thing.This will clear it up in few seconds:

- AC ON
- Side vents directed to side windows
- Fan setting max at first, then 1 or 2 is enough.
- Recycle air OFF

After I did this the problem never occured again, even when I entered the car with snow on my boots, wet clothes etc.

Most other cars have dedicated vents for this directed at the side windows, but in the up! you must direct the front passenger vents towards the front side windows.

Edited by: stratcast

·
Registered
36 Posts
This seems to be a common problem. There are two lengthy threads about it already. One in the Main Message section is 'Clearing Moisture from the Windscreen', the other is under Technical and is 'Windscreen Clearing Problem'. Needless to say views differ as to the solution
Edited by: Royal Windsor

·
Registered
811 Posts
Mine did it really badly on my way home from picking it up from the dealer. I was worried until I noticed that the High Up has a recirculation setting where my Take Up doesn't. Moving that sorted it and I haven't had any trouble since despite the atrocious weather.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am so embarrassed
The airsystem in my UP! was actually set for air recycling. I could have sworn that the icon on the dash looked different before I wrote this thread
I have of course changed this, and this morning the windows was fine.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I did exactly the same thing

·
Registered
187 Posts
I always find as well that by turning the a/c on and fresh air flow that the car demists in seconds - its better than other cars I have owned

·
Registered
397 Posts
Toubro said:
The airsystem in my UP! was actually set for air recycling.
I'll have to watch out for this when I get mine! Some cars have an interlock so that if the Recycling option is selected, a/c automatically comes on (unless of course outside air temp is at or below 4 degrees C)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts