Up Owners Club banner

Folding front seat

8K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  AGE1950 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen or got a fold flat front seat which is now available for 5 door models? Details and photos please if you have! Sounds like a good idea but I've not seen one and my local dealer doesn't know anything about them!

#2 ·
TyBach said:
Has anyone seen or got a fold flat front seat which is now available for 5 door models?

And where did you get this info that there's a fold flat front seat on the 5 door models..? I looked at VW's UK and German sites plus googled the internet and found no mention of such an option for the up!.

#4 ·
It's listed on the new price list and specification guide which was sent to me through the post - (dated from 1st May 2013). If you go to Orange Wheels or Drive the Deal, it's listed as an option as well. I noticed that the local dealer was using an old price list and it wasn't listed on there.

#5 ·
Ok I just found it as an option on the German site but have yet to find it on the UK site.

"Beifahrersitzlehne komplett umklappbar" 92.00‚¬

#8 ·
The latest up! brochure which includes the 5 door up displays, what I first thought was a fold flat front seat:

Not so sure if it really is flat or just tilted forward.
I did see an early promotional video of the up! way back before I ordered mine last year which featured a fold flat seat, so must have been thought of at concept stage at least.
If I can find it, I'll upload.

#10 ·
TyBach said:
Has anyone seen or got a fold flat front seat which is now available for 5 door models? Details and photos please if you have! Sounds like a good idea but I've not seen one and my local dealer doesn't know anything about them!
AFAIK, the folding seat has only just become available with the new model year.
I'd think it could take a while before the ups with this option actually get delivered ?

#18 ·
Scrubnut said:
Don't understand this. I've seen the letter from VW to dealers saying its a mistake.
When ?
And did you check the letter's date if you saw it recently ?

VW put the folding seat into their original up! brochures etc, when the up! was first released.
But VW couldn't deliver the option back then.

They ARE fitting it now though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.