Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoken to the guys at Forge who are obviously well respected and experienced in the tuning world.

They offer OBD tune giving 15ps and 40nm Gaines.

They stated that they have tuned a handful of GTI’s (with the latest being last Friday) and have had no issues with the tube or reported since.

I’m assuming no one in here has had the gti remapped otherwise I’m sure there would be posts but anyone have general experiences with Forge tunes?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't help with advice on their tuning, but they are a well respected company that supply quality parts, so I'm guessing they wouldn't put their name to rubbish.

I do like their dump valve and induction kit available, even if it's only to jazz up under the bonnet.

I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences with them too, as I'd certainly consider them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
APR offering dyno before and after plus remap (140bhp and 185 ish ft lbs) for £400

The garage is 1 mile from me so ease of use.

So many options!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Have a look around and read some of the various threads on here about tuning etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol your not wrong.

I tend to waver day to day.

I own the car so no issues with a remap that’s permanent but it’s just a shame the GTI’s engine is such new tech that there aren’t many ‘case studies’ out there to look at potential problems.

I’ve never remapped before and I’m certainly not a boy racer who would be ragging the car everywhere it would just be nice to have a little extra poke for the odd blast/overtake etc.

Just whether to bit the bullet and give it a whirl.

I see that one member is going with JBS at the end of the month and a couple of others (including yourself I believe?) have had other tunes for a few months before selling etc but there’s always a chance you could be the one that goes bang!

I get that’s the chance you take.

Interesting about the posts relating to max torque the gearbox can handle etc but with all the tolerances built into the systems these days an additional 15% power and torque (if not abused) shouldn’t cause too many issues surely?

Again though ...... it’s a chance.

Will be very interesting to see how the JBS performs.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Plenty of options out there

APR
Celtic Tuning
Forge
JBS
Racingline
Superchips Bluefin
Tuning boxes

Having modded Mk5 and Mk6 Golfs there are tuners on that list I would not touch and amazed some are still around but thats just me

·
Registered
603 Posts
Week today, i will be able to start a new thread on what roughly 145hp under the bonnet of the Up Gti feels like.
I am booked into JBS next Monday afternoon at 1pm.
The car went out for its monthly exercise this morning, and it felt quite nippy, but the 195section tyres are simply too narrow for spirited driving and cornering.
Heaven knows what an extra 30hp and increased torque to the engine will feel like.

This time next week, i will report on my findings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts