Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
It's mixed with sadness and happiness that I can announce I have sold this website to AutoGuide.com

I've been around since day one and with the help of the great Mod's (Collas & Willowaz
)we have here the forum and website has went from strength to strength.

But I know there is a lot more room for this site to grow and these guys can help with new features, ensure the servers run smoothly and take care of all the day to day server stuff that seem to take up so much time and prevent me from being involved as much with you all.

The great part of this is it doesn't affect you at all. The forum and website stay just as they are and you can continue to enjoy the site as always. Other than a new admin behind the scenes, the forum will continue as it always has. I will still be around posting and helping out as I do now.

So I would like to thank you all for helping the site become what it is, the Mod's for helping to keep the site running smoothly and for Autoguide.com and their team for taking on the site and promising to look after it and I look forward to using the site with all you guys going forward.

They will shortly introduce themselves to you, but if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Cheers
Dan

·
Administrator
106 Posts
Hi
everyone,

My
name is Cayne and I'm going to be your go-to-guy from AutoGuide.com. I first
want to thank Dan as he has done a great job with this community and all his
help during this transition. I'm happy to know that he'll still be around
here in the community.

You might ask what going to happen to the
current staff here on the site? The staff roles here will not change. Forum
moderators and administrators will continue to make the day to day calls. I am
going to work with them as a team in order to try and keep the forum running as
smoothly as it was before. I also would like to try and make this transition as
smooth as possible to a point where it did not seem like there was a transfer
of ownership. With the migration of the site onto our servers, this
will help the site run faster and the staff here works very hard to make the
site run smoothly and take care of any issues that may arise as quickly as
possible.

I
want to keep this short and sweet and so that's all for now! Please feel free
to ask me any questions about anything, and please catch me up as well and let
me know. I'm looking forward to getting to
know this great community and thank you for making this place what it is!

Cheers,

Cayne

Edited by: Admin

·
Registered
727 Posts
Dan said:
The great part of this is it doesn't affect you at all. The forum and website stay just as they are and you can continue to enjoy the site as always. Other than a new admin behind the scenes, the forum will continue as it always has.

Famous last words from a departing admin..

Reminds me of the last forum I participated on when after the owner died in a diving accident and his brother sold off the forum to a largeonline company. Though it continued in his memory it was never the same afterwards (went from non-profit to very profit minded).

Anyway, hope you got a pot of gold for the site Dan as you earned it and thanks for all your work and devotion to the site.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Good luck with everything... Hope it carries on as smoothly as it has done so far!

All the best!

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've chatted with them a fair bit lately as you can probably imagine and they do genuinely seem like nice people to work with.

The last thing they want after taking over the forum is for it to go down hill and lose members so that's why myself and the mod's are welcome to stay on. The forums rules, values etc. won't change and as always everyone's suggestions are welcome and will continue to be taken on board.

Someone else once asked me if I would sell it but I was never convinced they would run it properly, the last thing I want after spending all this time building it up is for it to close (even when I am offered money for it!)

Thanks for your kind words too, it's appreciated.

·
Administrator
106 Posts
Thank you guys for the warm welcome. As Dan mentioned I am here to help and want to work together with Dan and the rest of the mods to make sure this community continues to grow and run smoothly as before.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks Dan for all the hard work and welcome to the new guys.

Hope there is little differance going forward in the short term but in the long term I hope that this will a chance for the site to grow.

Good luck to you all.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure it'll continue smoothly, and remember, a forum is very much a product of its members, too. Great bunch on here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, it was this great work and comunity that made me buy my Up! I read everybody's opinion and it sure helped me..hope the quality remains, at least, the same!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Best of luck Dan :)

Forums are made by people - its been a great source of knowledge while many of us are waiting on cars. I expect the forum to get busier as time goes on.

·
Administrator
106 Posts
I totally agree with you guys that it's the members that makes the community what it is and that will always be the case.

Thank you for your support!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome Cayne. i'm sure you will be nice to use all, cos we are all (well mostly!
) really nice people

·
Registered
315 Posts
Can members still post links etc to other automotive companies re accessories etc and car dealerships?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hello cayne, I speak only for myself but I'll do my utmost to keep it as it was.....fun, friendly and informative....

Handle us with care, we are a good bunch of folk!

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VWXYZ said:
Can members still post links etc to other automotive companies re accessories etc and car dealerships?

Yes - the way you use the forum won't change

·
Registered
604 Posts
Cheers Dan you have done a great job thanks, and welcome cayne and friend

when will the change over to new server happen and will there be any down time?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Firstly a BIG thanks togoes to Dan for starting the forum/website,
and a thanks goes to Collas and Willowaz for help out.

Hello and welcome to Cayne and the team.

·
Administrator
106 Posts
Thank you all very much for the warm welcomes again! Looking forward to it.

spud said:
Cheers Dan you have done a great job thanks, and welcome cayne and friend

when will the change over to new server happen and will there be any down time?

The change is already completed

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Wow...Capt. Efficient! keep up the great work!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts