Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an Up! in the showroom when I had my Polo serviced and immediately thought it could be my next car.
Having joined the forum and read many posts I have not changed my opinion and will get one later this year.
Are there many members out there who don't have an up?
Are you still going to buy one,has anything made you change your mind ?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Er excuse me I don't know if you should be a member yet hahaha I'm only joking!
what spec do you like the most?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Itzben said:
Er excuse me I don't know if you should be a member yet hahaha I'm only joking!
what spec do you like the most?
Thinking of getting a High UP! 5 door in a dark colour. I was considering an auto but it seems they are a bit jerky so it looks like a manual box.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I got a auto and love it, but When the times right I will be getting a up! Black in manual (can't get it in auto) to see what the difference is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I fancy a 5 door High Up in white possibly with the ASG box, I'll need to test drive it first though.

I currently drive a Ford CMax 2.0TDi 163bhp twin clutch auto, and the mpg is terrible (35mpg on the motorway) so need to change for something much more (classic) mini-like with better fuel economy.

I would prefer an auto as I have spinal arthritis but can drive a manual.

I've been browsing the forum for about 6 months and thought i'd best register.

Edited by: mini_mad_paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi and welcome. I'm in the same boat as you and saw my first up! In Majorca June last year. I'm waiting for the gt model to be released but I have to have it in a five door. If the gt doesn't come in five door then I'm going for an r-line polo

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am without an UP

But its on ordered and should be ready for collection at the end of next week

·
Registered
184 Posts
Still without my up but should be here soon, have my reg plate picked out, got lucky. My UP! White will have the the number plate ending UPW.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Im still waiting for mine (order in my siggie). So excited about getting it, been seeing more and more ups recently too!

I had the money to go for a more powerful car but decided that the UP was the car for me and my girlfriend as it will cost hardly anything to run and looks fantastic.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've ordered and already been waiting 5 weeks andstill haven't got a build week yet... Can't wait!!!!! It's killing me!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a Polo(obviously),which I'm really happy with.I've got no intention of getting an Up- the seats in the Polo suit my wife's bad back better than the Up's,but the reason I frequent this forum is that,in my opinion,this is the best VW community there is out there on the Web!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
polohtp said:
I've got a Polo(obviously),which I'm really happy with.I've got no intention of getting an Up- the seats in the Polo suit my wife's bad back better than the Up's,but the reason I frequent this forum is that,in my opinion,this is the best VW community there is out there on the Web!
What Polo have you got ?
I have a 1.4SE and have been very happy with it for 3 years but now want to replace it as the mileage is high.
It looks like the Up! will be a good replacement and at a lower cost to buy and run.
Haven't found a reason not to buy one yet !
Are the seats that inferior to the Polo ?
I agree with you about the forum it is very active and friendly
Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, Derkie54-I've got the 1.2 70,which is a blast-when I sat in the Up,I personally found the seat's upholstery to be not as deep as on my Polo(plus,at the
factory,they installed underseat drawers,even though it's a boggo S!)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Polohtp,
Do you get a front suspension creak at very low speed with your Polo when you are turning ?Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, nothing. I've done 11,000 miles in nearly two years-mainly long distance trips,and,as yet,no real mechanical problems to date.Have you took it back into the dealers?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Polohtp
Will get them to look at the next service and it's
very faint and does not concern me too much.
The Polo has done 50,000 miles and has been a very good car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts