Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to some very good information on this site I've just been to the dealers to check progress.
My order looks as if it was doomed from day one. Ten weeks down the line the salesman has resigned, no build dateand errors on the order.

I've run out of patience and cancelled.

Now expecting to take delivery of a new Candy WhitePolo Match 1.4 DSG next week.

I'm a bit dissapointed not to be getting an UP! Butthe Polohas good spec with tried and tested mechanics so I'm looking forward to owning it.

Things happen for a reason.

·
Registered
120 Posts
As you say, things happen for a reason and maybe a Polo is the right car for you.
Still frustrating though when long lead times and basic incompetence come together.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Nothing wrong with a polo, especially a dsg.....enjoy it...things happen for a reason, match Has great specEdited by: Privatedoc

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thats such a shame, but i totally agree with you that things happen for a reason....

enjoy your polo and I hope that you got a massive appology and a nice discount too for the problems!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi KrojoSorry to hear about the trouble you have had with the dealer (who is local to me, but not the dealer I have ordered from) sounds like pretty shoddy treatment.
Hope you enjoy the Polo, at least its only a short wait for delivery.

Edited by: idletony

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Krojo.

Really sorry to hear about all the problems, especially after waiting 10 weeks already. Can't blame you for cancelling and just hope they did you a really good deal on the Polo. At least you know you're only days away from getting your new car. Hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
215 Posts
my order was messed up too ....ordered end of march and it came to dealers in june with wrong dash, cream not black and demin seats instead of new structure seats :( ...so had to be re ordered ...to be honest ive lost the faith and the excitment certinly has GONE too !!! not getting it now till Aug but they said wait for the sept new plate :|

dont know wether too pull out too ????

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting used to my new Polo now. A bit disappointed that the UP! order went wrong.
Tho Polo is a great car and I'm very pleased with it. Loads of toys standard on the Match plus DSG auto and two keys!
Averaging 52mpg so maybe it won't be too bad.
Saw an UP! While on my way to the Lake District today and couldn't help wondering how it compares with mine.
I guess I'll never know now.Edited by: krojo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts